First day...

I know, and thanks. I get it where I can. One of my little one's is special needs, and that translates into hard nights. I've lived off 4 or so a night for the last almost 9 years... The big kids help a lot, and when I really have to, I tell them "that's it, I HAVE to sleep." My other job I was working 60-70 hours a week also, just not getting paid for it usually...

Wednesday while the three youngest are at school is my day to sleep if I don't get called in...

I see WT, well, get it where you can then, seems you have been living with that sort of sleep pattern for a long time, this is just different work, its harder to do this job without much needed repair, I have all the confidence in you, your an awesome person, and Sysco is lucky to have you.

Give em hell WT... as far as breaking back those heavy 2 wheeler loads you just gotta learn to bounce the load to you, it takes timing and practice.. lean the load forward a bit on your 2 wheeler and let it's momentum going back assist you in breaking it back.

I'll do my best, Jeff! Thanks!

Recovery day today... shoulders a bit sore, mind racing trying to remember boards, chill/dry/frozen, where things go, etc. My trainers are so good at remembering where things were, where they've moved to as the day goes on, all of it! I'll get there, but does make me miss my old job where I knew those answers too!

Both the guys that have trained me have said my wheeler is a pile of ****. Last night we turned it in for a tune-up. Maybe that will help, but mostly I think time with it will help, you know? I also learned a couple little tricks about that damn pallet jack yesterday. :)

Gonna spend my recovery day with a short workout after the kids go to school, and then lots of napping, lol! Haha! Used to just be called a day off!

Time will help, just hang in there and it will come to you, as for remembering where you put product, thats called sorting the pallet, you will get that too, anymore I don't even think about where I stick a stops stuff and just know where it is, sub concsious I guess, one day it will all click and then later on it will click again, then you will be fast!! Even without trying!!

Sysco/Psycho... No, really, it's going good. My wheeler is much better after a tune up, I'm handling it better, as with the pallet jack. My trainer was a bit late this morning, so we started out behind, and stayed behind. Not bad, like an hour/ half hour. Got to learn damage codes today: Left buttermilk at wrong drop, broke one bag of ice cream mix at burgerville, and together we dropped some gallons of milk and two broke. Was still able to laugh at the end of the day, lol!

3 more days of training... Then let the unorganized days begin. I think I'll do okay:

-just remember XATA
-just remember the scanner
-just remember to count

And, maybe I'm beginning to like the autos. Not real well, but they're growing on me... But after all these years of hauling A$$ forward, I suck at backing, we're getting there, at least I hit the hole... slowly! LOL! back at it in 8 hours... :)

Last edited by a moderator: