first Lone star outside USA is now on the road in NZ

kiwiray

01/46 04/14
Rest In Peace
Credits
The first Lone star is on the road down under it is a 3 axle tipper pulling a 4 axle tipping trailer, I am sad to say that it does not float my boat as far as looks go & I bet that bonnet & grill will cost mega bucks to replace if damaged, there are another 2 due on the road down here soon as to what they will be I don,t know but I will let you all know.
The lone star here already is powered by a MaxxForce 13 ECG 430 HP but has been re mapped to 500HP it has an 18 spd RR gearbox all the new Stars will have Cummins ISX engines.

kiwiray down under.

Unless the air is better down under than here the MAXFORCE powered Farmall will spend more time in the shop than pounding asphalt. International sure peed in their own canteen when they decided to go with the double EGR instead of SCR like the other engine manufacturers. That bad decision cost them untold millions. How is the parts support down under on Internationals?

Unless the air is better down under than here the MAXFORCE powered Farmall will spend more time in the shop than pounding asphalt. International sure peed in their own canteen when they decided to go with the double EGR instead of SCR like the other engine manufacturers. That bad decision cost them untold millions. How is the parts support down under on Internationals?
I'm surprised it hasn't put them under

they are a popular truck or tractor unit down here & are assembled down here to 99% come with the Cummins 525 ISX, they are built in Mt Manganui & I have never heard any complaints about parts availability , I will get some pics when ever I can.

kiwiray down here.

I think the design was a throwback to the mid 30's American truck/car with the radiator/grill slanted back. They are indeed different but International always was one off from other truck manufacturers. I hope the company survives since it is the only American owned truck manufacturer left.

I think the design was a throwback to the mid 30's American truck/car with the radiator/grill slanted back. They are indeed different but International always was one off from other truck manufacturers. I hope the company survives since it is the only American owned truck manufacturer left.

I didn't know that Doc, we have a bunch of Internationals, our fleet is supposed to go to automatic Freightliner, I was really nervous about driving one in the bad weather, but I found that if I engage the ATC and push the mode button on the shift panel, I'm back to truckin, that mode button will allow the truck to lug up the hills, its not perfect but its able to make smoother up shifts and smoother down shifts, I was quite impressed actually, seeing on how I was on snowpack for 418 miles Thursday into Friday.

I may have been incorrect on the United States ownership. I had heard that PACCAR had sold most of it's holdings to foreign ownership but a check shows that most of the stock is held by US investments & the Pigot family that founded the company. The headquarters are in Bellevue, Washington.
Mack is owned by Volvo, Freightliner, Western Star & Detroit diesel are owned by Daimler which is also a European company. All have assembly plants in the US but several have built plants in Mexico like International.
The term "Global Economy" certainly applies to the truck manufacturing industry.

I am sad to say that it does not float my boat as far as looks go

kiwiray down under.

yes Ray, and if there was a world's ugliest truck award, that award goes to......Intertrashional.

this one.....
pk_kw_bastard.jpg

would be a close second place...

this would be third place..
ugly_truck_01.jpg

and this is what happens to third place ice cream trucks....that melt in the sun....
meltedicecreamtruck.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]