Yellow | First photo of new Velocity Lane

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
yell_on_bad_road.jpg

There is a high end restaurant about a mile above where that happened called the Flagstaff House. You have to back down by the delivery door. You are sitting on a very steep angle. It is best to chalk both your tires. A NobelSysco got away there once, I don't know why. But it rolled all the way down the mountain and landed on the road running by Boulder Creek. It took out a few pine trees on the way.

I had a supervisor who was giving me a bunch of grief about taking too long to make residential deliveries up roads like this, so I invited him to ride with me one day. I took him about seven miles up a road just like this. He was on the cliff side. I scared the sh** out of him. He never said another thing about that after our little ride.

hahahha - how the heck did you get him to go? He musta really thought you were pulling his leg

He really thought he was going to prove that I was a screw-up, so he couldn't wait to come along. I really wasn't trying to scare him. I was surprised at how he reacted. I didn't think it was any big deal. I hated going up those roads, but I'd done it so much, it had become second nature.

I got stuck on that road about 14 years ago, it cost Yellow $245.00 to tow me out!

They closed that terminal in 2005 and we got transferred to Denver. I had enough whiskers to bid hostler and get off the street. This kid that took the Boulder bid had never delivered in the mountains. He was asking me what to expect, and I tried to clue him in. He was like most of the big city boys down there, they knew way more than some EOL hillbilly like me. He had a delivery that took him way up this road further than I would ever go. I had lived up there for 38 years and I knew how far I could go, and if it was past that point, we would farm it out to some cartage company that didn't try to take a tractor-trailer where it wouldn't go. I told him not to go up there, but he did, and it started snowing to boot. And you're right, they had to send a wrecker to get him out of there.