XPO | First Quarter

Night Tripper

TB Lurker
Credits
Nice to see the company post a 1st quarter profit of 15 million more than last year's 1st. I suppose steak, lobster and caviar will be on the menu for the bbq. this summer.

15 million profit? How much of that money will be reinvested into the rebranding and upgrading of equipment, or did they already allot for this?

:soapbox:njzxclsdlznnjcxcv lkckckcv kcvzsidas odfiosv oxfovnmds vodspv oxsccvzjf
hzx jxjdv dcjaasjpidn n clasdnvasf

That's better .. now I can see it ... the promised land... :bgroovy: we're gonna get a a piece of pie this time ... I can feel it ... 15 million dollars above last years 1q profits ... holy cow agnes we're rich !!! ya hoo :cool:

Digital Import said:
maybe up at the corporate offices, you won't see that on the menu at the terminals, thats for sure =)
You mean we don't get the same treatment as the power seekers at cyrstal palace do.Please.

this might be a little off the subject, but my t.m. was asking if we rahter foregough the summer picinic and roll the cost back into the icp. myself, if that were to happen, they would find away to lose it somewhere in the midst. at least something is spent on the drivers AND there families.

Summer bbq? pfft, you should try a zone, they used to argue about paying for ice cream at spring spruce up.

Let`s jump up and down for joy. I like to see the company make a profit, it`s good for the bottom line, it helps the shareholder, makes us look good on wall street, etc., etc., etc. Did you know that we are one of the top five cash rich companies in the top 100 compaines in the US ? And the only one that is a transportion company. Now we need to feel all good inside, pat ourselfs on the back and listen to the glass house rave about us. Maybe I`m looking at this wrong, and please correct me if I am. April rate increase to our shippers. How come we were not told that if these shippers were in OH, IN, IL, WI., that they would be hit with a higher rate ? Now let us add the con-tent and con-firm and the fuel surcharge to the mix. Makes me wonder about the profits. 15 million 1st quarter above last year. What was the tonnage and the bill count 1st quarter last year, compared to the bill count and tonnage this 1st quarter this year? And then take the revenue and divide the bill count to get our figure on the revenue for this 1st quarter and compare it to last years 1st quarter to get our revenue per shipment for each. Go figure, we did a great job and it shows in the figure, and we are told that it helps our icp. That is 7 percent for you and me, and upward to 150 percent for other people. Be happy co-owners we did it.

Let's keep doing it so we get the full 7.
It's not that hard to police others in terms of damaging freight as we load it, even during crunch time.
We all know what it takes to prevent this, we were trained, we should have the proper tools.
One man doesn't make a team.
I've heard another driver say, "It's not my freight.....crunch!!" I said, "But it's our ICP"
Incentive is the word and we have the opportunity as a whole to reap that reward, but our laziness hinders us.
If we can motivate the unmotivated maybe we can get our heads out of our butts and truly work as a team and really turn our ICP around consistently.
I would like to see a higher ICP percentage for us drivers.

hmmmm, did I just stray from the profit subject?.....sorry.

Dockworker said:
I've heard another driver say, "It's not my freight.....crunch!!" I said, "But it's our ICP"

hmmmm, did I just stray from the profit subject?.....sorry.
i dunno if this would be considered straying or not but it brings up a damned good point. technically NONE of the freight is "our" freight but rather our customers freight. however, while it's in the con-way system the customer trusts us to take care of it. "our" freight or not, if we don't service the customer and take care not to damage their freight then they will seek another carrier that will. we may have the best next day radius, but #1 other companies are trying to max their next day radius to match/beat ours, and #2 what good does it do to have a customers freight delivered on time if they can't use it because of damage. guess what, they ship it back damaged, con-way foots the bill, and we risk loosing a customer which reduces the amount of freight being moved, which reduces the number of drivers needed to move freight. any way you slice it it's money out of your pocket. damage claim coming out of icp, con-way paying to ship the freight to the customer and back, loss of freight from the customer because of previous experiences... it all adds up to $$$$$$ coming out of yours and my wallet.

of course it doens't help when you have supervisors harping on you that you have to have xx,xxx lbs in a trailer, nevermind the fact that you have like 4 skids at a grand each that are the length of two skids and stacked pretty high and are lighter than calista flockhart on an anorexic bing (hello DeeZee anyone?)

Let`s jump up and down for joy. I like to see the company make a profit, it`s good for the bottom line, it helps the shareholder, makes us look good on wall street, etc., etc., etc. Did you know that we are one of the top five cash rich companies in the top 100 compaines in the US ? And the only one that is a transportion company. Now we need to feel all good inside, pat ourselfs on the back and listen to the glass house rave about us. Maybe I`m looking at this wrong, and please correct me if I am. April rate increase to our shippers. How come we were not told that if these shippers were in OH, IN, IL, WI., that they would be hit with a higher rate ? Now let us add the con-tent and con-firm and the fuel surcharge to the mix. Makes me wonder about the profits. 15 million 1st quarter above last year. What was the tonnage and the bill count 1st quarter last year, compared to the bill count and tonnage this 1st quarter this year? And then take the revenue and divide the bill count to get our figure on the revenue for this 1st quarter and compare it to last years 1st quarter to get our revenue per shipment for each. Go figure, we did a great job and it shows in the figure, and we are told that it helps our icp. That is 7 percent for you and me, and upward to 150 percent for other people. Be happy co-owners we did it.
What a difference 7 yrs makes....

15 million profit? How much of that money will be reinvested into the rebranding and upgrading of equipment, or did they already allot for this?

Dockworker, I thought you quit Conway?? J/K

U1 is digging up old threads..he wants to see how bad we got it now..is there anything prior to '06? Or is it all gone?

Dockworker, I thought you quit Conway?? J/K

U1 is digging up old threads..he wants to see how bad we got it now..is there anything prior to '06? Or is it all gone?
I know how bad it is, just trying to get people thinking. Prior to 06 appears to be gone just like the good old days.