Yellow | FMCSA To Renew Vision and Diabetic Exemptions For Drivers

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Trucks: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) will allow truck drivers with poor vision in one eye to stay on the road.

The FMCSA said Thursday it is renewing the vision requirement exemptions for 82 truck drivers, who the agency says have shown they can see well enough in their other eye to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle.

Without these exemptions, the truck drivers would be prohibited from operating commercial motor vehicles between states.

The FMCSA is also considering issuing another round of exemptions to 41 other truck drivers who suffer from insulin-treated diabetes mellitus.

The agency must decide whether these truck drivers can keep their diabetes under control in order to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle between states.

The public has 30 days to comment.
http://thehill.com/regulation/329686-new-regs-for-friday-retirement-trucks
:rulz:

Wow. That's the reason I lost my commercial license back when it was called that.
My vision is good. One eye is just not strong enough or correctable.
Little too late after 30 years. 27 really cause I drove a few years.
I tried or did file the paperwork to get grandfathered in with the union but the union waited past the filing date and I got screwed. Not that I want to drive the junk they have now. Lol.
Jeez.

Dumb fks out there today with 2 good eyes can't drive worth sheet and they want one eye out there?
I have both eyes. Peripheral works. And I see just like everyone else. So do some with one eye that may have been driving before. It didn't affect my driving whatsoever. Still doesn't.