Yellow | Follow The Money.....

Ex, if they had terminated 3,000 Teamsters the work wouldn't have gotten done. What they needed to do was terminate quite a few middle and senior managers, attract some more front-line supervisors instead of running the ones they had ragged, and (what I told them for years) create and promote a culture of "everybody's a stakeholder". They didn't do that either.
They should have fired 3000 Teamsters instead of the 15% pay cut on addition to all your suggestions. Identify and eliminate the labor intensive freight too.

Would that dog be a Briard ?
Good guess from the pic but equally odd and obscure breed it is a skye terrier. Love Briards they actually are more my type. I am a GSD girl but my pastor's wife has these. Longer and lower to the ground. Guy had a Briard at a Schutzhund club I trained with. Loved that dog

They should have fired 3000 Teamsters instead of the 15% pay cut on addition to all your suggestions. Identify and eliminate the labor intensive freight too.
Labor intensive freight isn't always a problem...as long as it pays well....my company has an account that is labor intensive to move, but according to my manager it is a gold mine...

Labor intensive freight isn't always a problem...as long as it pays well....my company has an account that is labor intensive to move, but according to my manager it is a gold mine...
Labor intensive might pay well but it often negatively effects service. Additional handling leads to higher cargo claims. Additional injury risk as well. Too many indirect costs that are difficult to attribute to a specific account or commodity.

Not necessarily. Labor intensive freight (like tires for instance) is a pain to handle, but claims are dependent upon what it is. Obviously, nobody wants to haul labor-intensive freight unless they're being paid accordingly by the shipper. Not everybody can haul the premium stuff exclusively though.

Good guess from the pic but equally odd and obscure breed it is a skye terrier. Love Briards they actually are more my type. I am a GSD girl but my pastor's wife has these. Longer and lower to the ground. Guy had a Briard at a Schutzhund club I trained with. Loved that dog
I am on my third Briard
First two were female and easy going
Now my male that I have now is hard headed and stubborn.

You screwed yourselves I am sure everyone but you would probably never vote yes on another wage concession again. Some people like it I guess. Some sick dogs are better off put down. In the end it didn't help Yellow just strung out the inevitable just like the COO would have.

I am on my third Briard
First two were female and easy going
Now my male that I have now is hard headed and stubborn.
Funny you say that...I agree my 3rd working dog we got a male has been same way. We love him now older more my husband's dog. I never got him titled for same reasons I was not the handler that could get that done. I prefer bitches

Not necessarily. Labor intensive freight (like tires for instance) is a pain to handle, but claims are dependent upon what it is. Obviously, nobody wants to haul labor-intensive freight unless they're being paid accordingly by the shipper. Not everybody can haul the premium stuff exclusively though.
Agreed that nobody can haul the premium stuff exclusively, but you can certainly identify the bottom of the barrel stuff and let somebody else haul it. Some stuff is light, but hard to damage and inexpensive while moving at a high class.

Some commodities are more difficult to damage and/or lose, but additional handling does lead to higher claims incidence just because of increased opportunity for a human to get it wrong. Tires, uggghhh, causing flashbacks. Those were a nightmare because difficult to swing and stack if somebody doesn't know how to tie them in. Deliveries are time consuming. Labeling doesn't adhere long, grease markings easy to manipulate. Shortages hard to fill with unknowns because rarely is the missing model/size identified on the original d/r. Stuff that should be moving on a flatbed, large reels of expensive cut-to-length cable, rolls of carpet, tile, windows, pre-hung doors, anything requiring fork extensions, Oscar-awards ;), etc. should have been left for other carriers to haul or been priced differently.

Agreed that nobody can haul the premium stuff exclusively, but you can certainly identify the bottom of the barrel stuff and let somebody else haul it. Some stuff is light, but hard to damage and inexpensive while moving at a high class.

Some commodities are more difficult to damage and/or lose, but additional handling does lead to higher claims incidence just because of increased opportunity for a human to get it wrong. Tires, uggghhh, causing flashbacks. Those were a nightmare because difficult to swing and stack if somebody doesn't know how to tie them in. Deliveries are time consuming. Labeling doesn't adhere long, grease markings easy to manipulate. Shortages hard to fill with unknowns because rarely is the missing model/size identified on the original d/r. Stuff that should be moving on a flatbed, large reels of expensive cut-to-length cable, rolls of carpet, tile, windows, pre-hung doors, anything requiring fork extensions, Oscar-awards ;), etc. should have been left for other carriers to haul or been priced differently.
Ex, I've delivered a LOT of tires! That was part of what I trained people to do when there was a shortage exception. They MUST identify what the shortage is. Id the customer balked at the time to isolate, I explained that in order to clear the shortage, we MUST know what we're looking for. Oscars??? I remember hearing that they were stolen at the SoCal Roadway hub. The other stuff you mentioned? Not a problem, it's "all in a day's work". Always make sure the fork blades don't contact the wire, ONLY the wooden reel. I will admit that telling a customer "no" is something that I tried very hard to avoid.

And PS, those 22,000 were more than the other two remaining unionized LTL carriers combined.
Other companies continue to pay into the fund, UPS being one of them. Maybe not central states but other pensions they are still active.

Ex, I've delivered a LOT of tires! That was part of what I trained people to do when there was a shortage exception. They MUST identify what the shortage is. Id the customer balked at the time to isolate, I explained that in order to clear the shortage, we MUST know what we're looking for. Oscars??? I remember hearing that they were stolen at the SoCal Roadway hub. The other stuff you mentioned? Not a problem, it's "all in a day's work". Always make sure the fork blades don't contact the wire, ONLY the wooden reel. I will admit that telling a customer "no" is something that I tried very hard to avoid.
Yep RDWY 821. I wasn't there that day but a coworker was. Quite the scene trying to find it and avoid publicity.