For all of you having a cold beer this weekend

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi everyone,
Today (Saturday) I had to work. To supply everyone with ice cold beer for the weekend.
Here is a picture of the truck that I drove today to get the beer to the stores, and the bars.

Mike

Hi everyone,
Today (Saturday) I had to work. To supply everyone with ice cold beer for the weekend.
Here is a picture of the truck that I drove today to get the beer to the stores, and the bars.

Mike

Thanks for keeping the stores and bars stocked Mike, somebody has to step up to the plate and do it. I feel your pain, I worked nearly four hours today. I drove back in from a layover and loaded my rig for Tuesday, not bad really but I thought I could poke fun at you as i'm sure your day was much longer. Until then I'm not doing anything that resembles work, not even yard work. BBQ for the family, a few cold beers and baseball. Have a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend.

On a side note, could someone explain to a non computer expert how I could post a video to this site. I had a Uhaul pulling a car trailer pass me yesterday and then roll it on its side across the interstate. My dash cam caught it and I thought some people might enjoy watching it.

My week was very heavy all week. I'm exhausted right now. Normally I run in Ohio City and the Treemont Neighborhood and West Bank of the Flats in Cleveland, Ohio. Ohio City and Treemont are very close to down town right out side of it about 10-11 city blocks away. A lot of fancy popular restaurants and bars. I was pretty heavy Thursday with 32 kegs and 500 cases. Today was a much lighter day for one they sent me, way out east to Painsville, Perry and Madison, Ohio any of you guys ever go to any of those places? Oh and one stop in Concord, Ohio. It was nice to get out of the city even though I didn't really know where I was, but it was nice to get out of the city and inner city while my routes are in an artsy and swanky area it's also depressed in some spots and my Wednesday is not the greatest neighborhood. It was nice to go out in the country today and go in stores where the clerk isn't standing behind 7" thick bullet proof glass and there are not metal bars over the doors and windows, which is what I get a lot of on Wednesday.

The route was only 300 something cases and 6 kegs 5 of which went to one place, of course it was all stairs I had to get the kegs down.

I had a really big trailer for 300 kegs, but out east in the country where I was today with only 13 stops it didn't matter. On my normal route I don't like to be in anything bigger then a 14 bay. Wednesday I was very heavy had a helper and was in an 18 bay which is the same as the trailer in the picture and it was doable, but I like my 14 bay, for where I have to go. 14 bay is pretty close to a 28 footer real close might be a tad shorter, but it's the beverage distributions version of a 28 footer. Actually today they could have put my load in an 8 bay straight body if they wanted, but where I work we only have 1 12 bay straight body and they keep the plates and everything on it current, but they never ever use it.

Any how here's me at the Amvets hall making a delivery.

I know there is a man on here named Matt who is a potato chip hauler. I run into chip and bread guys all the time and potato chip hauling that is a brutal job. While the product is light and they drive those E-Van cut away vans or those step vans, those guys have to go to stores and stock the shelves and fiddle around, I see those guys all the time everywhere. Bread too that's another brutal job especially when it's a holliday, pull the old bread put the new stuff up, run to the store and restock.

It's funny, but the potato chip and bread isle get hit very hard during holidays and foot ball season. People get angry when they can't get there chips, pretzels, bread, coke, Pepsi & Keebler or Nabisco products. Some of the neighborhoods I go into especially the poorer ones and it's sad to see this, people go to the local store, walk there because they don't have a car and buy a 240z single serve of Ice House and a small bag of chips and that's breakfast. Monday morning I was at a store delivering right when they opened and there was an older man there hands shaking like crazy buying an ice house single serve for breakfast. Alcohol can be dangerous like any other drug everything in moderation I guess not saying I'm against it, it's how I make my living, but it doesn't work forevery one that's for sure. I really don't drink it, I just thought working for a beer company would be good city truck driving experience and it has been and also good delivery experience, which is more or less why I work for a beer distributor.

Mike, what other folks choose? Thats their choice, someone is going to supply that product, if it ain't you it will be another person.

Drugs....its a persons choice, take the dealer off the street and the addict will find another one. I for one have had my problems, its up to me to control the craving or addiction, you do a good job, it pays your bills!

I ain't gonna stop throwing food because folks eat to much, get fat and have a heart attack.

Mike, what other folks choose? Thats their choice, someone is going to supply that product, if it ain't you it will be another person.

Drugs....its a persons choice, take the dealer off the street and the addict will find another one. I for one have had my problems, its up to me to control the craving or addiction, you do a good job, it pays your bills!

I ain't gonna stop throwing food because folks eat to much, get fat and have a heart attack.

Maybe I need to post a picture of the casket truck I drive??????

You know my grandmother said to me "Hey you can't be responsible for other peoples actions." Which is pretty much it. You know what ever people want to have a drink on Friday night or over the weekend that's fine. I just deliver the beer and wine where I work we do a lot of wine, so you all know in the alcohol beverage business I guess wine and Micro Brews are a really big growing segment. People are all about the wines and Micro Brews. Also Reds Apple Ale one convenient store owner said to me "Mike man Reds Apple Ale that stuff is the seller right there."

New Belgium that beer has been pretty popular people like it I guess it's a real good Indian Pale Ale. Then what else is there, obviously the big domestics usually I have a Coors Light, Keystone or Blue Moon Trailer, it just so happens in the county that I was running in today we have license for Miller and that's why I have a Miller Lite Trailer. However, the trailer logo doesn't always mean that we distribute that product in that county they sent a guy to a county today with a Miller Lite Trailer and the county he runs in we do not have license for Miller Lite. Now that I think about it we only have 2 or 3 Miller trailers. Truth be told our main product is Coors Lite and most of our trailers our Coors Lite trailers. We also have one Killians Irish Red trailer well actually 2 but the one they put out of service, thank god to because it was a piece of garbage. The doors on it were totally shot I had to use it once and it was awful. We also have a fair amount of trailers that have no logos on them. I never get to pull those though. Usually I get trailer 504 which is a Blue Moon trailer. Although this week they sent 504 out to Youngstown. One of the drop lot trailers blew a break chamber and they pulled my 504 because it has a pintle hook and they can run it in a doubles configuration.

Actually we run interesting sets at night time usually a 28 footer hooked up to a side loader. One of the shuttle drivers wanted to teach me how to do doubles, but being that I'm not on the road division the company said that wasn't necessary.