Holland | Forget about DHL

Looks to me like ABF is going to get a lot off "out in the woods"deliveries...if they are places that aren't making money for DHL,then how is ABF going to make money on it...

Looks to me like ABF is going to get a lot off "out in the woods"deliveries...if they are places that aren't making money for DHL,then how is ABF going to make money on it...

crazy, I started shaping at ABF exactly 4 years ago today. That day an old friend that I knew who was from CF told me that ABF was a very smart company & that they didn't haul any freight that they couldn't make money on. I have found that to be true. I don't know how they do it but even with all the ugly freight that they handle they appear to be making money on it. So if I had to bet, I would say that this DHL deal will be profitable for ABF or they won't be doing it for very long.

crazy, I started shaping at ABF exactly 4 years ago today. That day an old friend that I knew who was from CF told me that ABF was a very smart company & that they didn't haul any freight that they couldn't make money on. I have found that to be true. I don't know how they do it but even with all the ugly freight that they handle they appear to be making money on it. So if I had to bet, I would say that this DHL deal will be profitable for ABF or they won't be doing it for very long.

I do hope it works out as the work is going to a union carrier but what I read out of this ,it will be parcels that are too large for the USPS as they have limits..UPS also does and has been doing this for years...