Yellow | Forklift Preference

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
At 671 almost all of our forklifts are Komatsu. We have 3 or 4 of the new Toyota lifts. When Yellow moved in next door, I noticed that they use mostly Toyota. I like the Komatsu, better seat and better ergonomics. What do you guys use and what do you think?? We no longer have the older Komatsu's from the 90's. Some still use them. DS.

The Orange no name lifts

side shift , i find I tear up more freight using the side shift cause I keep forgetting to center it when backing out of a tight space:poster_oops: :poster_oops:

We still have those no name orange monsters here that 671 gladly passed down to us that was supposes to be the pride of their fleet:hysterical: that were cannibalized.

The kamastu are good piece of gear, BTW DS there is a lift in the yard that has a clutch to shift an old american Yale that the vendor still uses.

In Akron we used to have electric motors, they sold them on ebay a year and a half to 2 years ago. Now komatsu and toyota, as for preference it's a race after preshift to get one with round wheels!

In Akron we used to have electric motors, they sold them on ebay a year and a half to 2 years ago. Now komatsu and toyota, as for preference it's a race after preshift to get one with round wheels!
Teamsters running on the clock?? WOW I would love to see this....:funky:

Forget the running, guys got intop fist fights over motors at 120. Cry babies. Yeah and 671 got one.

The kamastu are good piece of gear, BTW DS there is a lift in the yard that has a clutch to shift an old american Yale that the vendor still uses.
Hey SL..........the Toyota has some good features like the sliding forks, when you remember to re-center them!:biglaugh: For some reason I feel like I'm going to slide out of the seat on the Toyota, I do like the side supports though. The garage has a tripod looking lift, from days gone by. I think it is a old Yale. They have a couple over there to move jiffs and the occasional trailer with locked up brakes, around. DS.

Forget the running, guys got intop fist fights over motors at 120. Cry babies. Yeah and 671 got one.
:nutkick: Yea some guys take them very seriously. I do have one that I am fond of, but If I don't get it.......no biggie. Still getting paid by the hour, not how good I look to the bossman!!:smilie_132: DS.

we got one here battery keeps going dead
turn the gas off and the thing will not start
but when you turn the gas back on it starts
kinda cool for holding it.

we got one here battery keeps going dead
turn the gas off and the thing will not start
but when you turn the gas back on it starts
kinda cool for holding it.
Yea CR, the Toyota's do that. I've watched the guys that like to ride them, the motors sit most of the day and when they come in, they will start!!:tongue0015: DS.

The drop method.....

got one where the vendor won't fix but it shuts off by itself when running. To get it to start again we lift up the counter weigh end 2' off the ground and drop it and it starts right up again.:shrug: :shrug: I know i don't know but it works. Lazy vendor

got one where the vendor won't fix but it shuts off by itself when running. To get it to start again we lift up the counter weigh end 2' off the ground and drop it and it starts right up again.:shrug: :shrug: I know i don't know but it works. Lazy vendor
Some of the old ones we had were like that. Just get another motor and bump counter weights, she'll start right up!! Lazy vendor.:chairshot: DS.

I'll take a blue and green komatsu, with a cloth seat, thank you!!:1036316054: Now some of the newer cloth seats don't have very good foam and my azz bottoms out quickly!!:hide: I've got a certain motor that I try to get every day. I got the seat broken in just right. But I ride what I can..........still remember having 20 motors on the dock instead of 80. DS.