FedEx Freight | freemont

Only been there a handful of times, but I like the dock up there. It has covers on all the dock doors which makes it a hell of a lot warmer in the winter.

The most important thing you will need to know is there is only 1 'e' in Fremont... :)

I used to run down there. Yeah your hooks will be ready for like 3 hours and they will NOT let you go before your cut time They will make you work dock with your hooks in the window, while 16 guys are standing around scaning bills. While the 16 guys are standing around chasing down their freight you could be gone. Makes sense the way they run things, right? Then they will give you your hooks like 10 to 15 minutes before your gate time and they will ask you "hey can you make your gate?" My response was "no, I cant guarantee you that I will make my gate." They did that stuff to everyone in Fremont. When their numbers start going down in the crap hole, then they try to lay down rules and make sure that you are following company policies, while they are violating every company policy like trying to hurry you up out of the gate, like overloading trailers, leaning trailers, mechanical failures, etc. It's a joke down there.

When Fremont first opened it was sweet. The Dispatcher, OM those guys were the best. When your loads were ready, they would shut you down and get you out well before your gate time. The geniuses that are running the hub now dont have a clue.

I also heard from some coworkers that go up there, they can make you take your lunch. I'm not sure if it's a daily occurrence, or something they randomly do, but I know they had a sign up telling people they had to take a lunch before clocking in.

I also heard from some coworkers that go up there, they can make you take your lunch. I'm not sure if it's a daily occurrence, or something they randomly do, but I know they had a sign up telling people they had to take a lunch before clocking in.

Yup that is true. If your hooks arent ready they make you punch until your hooks are ready. To me it sounds like they are making you go off duty. What if you already took your lunch when you first got down there??? Then what?? I am telling you, the management that runs that hub are a bunch of idiots and dont have a clue on how to run a hub.

I used to run down there. Yeah your hooks will be ready for like 3 hours and they will NOT let you go before your cut time They will make you work dock with your hooks in the window, while 16 guys are standing around scaning bills. While the 16 guys are standing around chasing down their freight you could be gone. Makes sense the way they run things, right? Then they will give you your hooks like 10 to 15 minutes before your gate time and they will ask you "hey can you make your gate?" My response was "no, I cant guarantee you that I will make my gate." They did that stuff to everyone in Fremont. When their numbers start going down in the crap hole, then they try to lay down rules and make sure that you are following company policies, while they are violating every company policy like trying to hurry you up out of the gate, like overloading trailers, leaning trailers, mechanical failures, etc. It's a joke down there.

When Fremont first opened it was sweet. The Dispatcher, OM those guys were the best. When your loads were ready, they would shut you down and get you out well before your gate time. The geniuses that are running the hub now dont have a clue.
First of all did you bid the dock? If so whats the grip? If you didn't just call central tell them your hooks are ready can you dispatch me cause they won't. Most times they will they would rather have freight rolling than sitting cause if you break dowm this gives them more ample time to fix it!

First of all did you bid the dock? If so whats the grip? If you didn't just call central tell them your hooks are ready can you dispatch me cause they won't. Most times they will they would rather have freight rolling than sitting cause if you break dowm this gives them more ample time to fix it!

I didnt have that option. My point was they would make you work the while YOUR hooks were ready and 30 guys would be standing around scanning bills. Am I clear??? Well the OM manager down there would tell Central Dispatch that they are swamped and they need help on the dock. Right, they didnt have enough forklifts for everyone and they were being idiots and wanted everyone to stay. As for a breakdown, half the time I never made it out at my gate cause lights were out, tires flat, wheel seals blown, lug nuts loose, etc. I told the OM in Fremont a gazlion times about these issues and he would just act like he cared but after awhile I realized he could careless. As for making gate times, I remember one time he gave me my hooks 10 minutes before my gate time and he asked me if I could make my gate in 10 minutes and I told him no. The next day he asked me why didnt I make my gate?? and he wasnt kidding either. I was like are you serious??? I couldnt believe it. Right then and there I realized he was an idiot.

if they give you your hooks less than 30 min. before your gate time,make them give you a dispatch with the time they gave you your hooks.(to cover your ass incase your late getting out the gate)

if they give you your hooks less than 30 min. before your gate time,make them give you a dispatch with the time they gave you your hooks.(to cover your ass incase your late getting out the gate)

When they give you your hooks, the time you were dispatched is on there. If your hooks have been ready for a while, you can tell them to re-dispatch you with the right dispatch time on there if it's less than 30 min before your gate.

After I reread your post I realized I just said the same thing you were saying. Sorry, forgot to take my dumb azz pills today.:LMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
let me see if i understand this right. fre makes you stand on the dock and scan bills and fedex pays you $22/hr and you're pissed about it? wish i had a bid like that. every hub I've run to makes you do actual work. like move freight with a pallet jack. as for mechanical problems how is that managements fault? i was under the impression when you took a bad trailer into a hub you just tell the shop and they put it out of service end of story management cant load to it till its fixed

We have a drive that goes to Fremont, he takes his good ole sweet time getting there, dropping out, and what not. He times it so that by the time he gets on the dock, there will be no forklifts left and he has to scan bills.

let me see if i understand this right. fre makes you stand on the dock and scan bills and fedex pays you $22/hr and you're pissed about it? wish i had a bid like that. every hub I've run to makes you do actual work. like move freight with a pallet jack. as for mechanical problems how is that managements fault? i was under the impression when you took a bad trailer into a hub you just tell the shop and they put it out of service end of story management cant load to it till its fixed

well my start time was 1900. It was in the bid. I told the OM that and he looked it up on the computer and said NO, your start time is 2100. Then I told him NO, my start time is 1900. We went back and forth until I proved to him on the piece of paper that I signed when I signed the bid and he still told me that I was wrong. I would work the outbound before I would go to Fremont. It was in all of the Fremont bids. But my point was 30 guys hooks wouldnt be ready and mine was ready and they wouldnt let me leave. That's my point. I was already at work for 8+ hours. Then it was a 2 and 3/4 hour ride home from Fremont. Not counting the drop and fuel when I got back. But my point AGAIN is, they would make me work the dock longer for no reason when 30 guys would stand around and not do anything while I would be busting my butt off. I am glad I no longer go down to that way anymore.