Yellow | Freight levels at your terminal

COLKID

TB Veteran
Credits
Anyone else notice a slow down in your terminal? Started to notice this last monday. I am at Cincinnati/ 241. Our call check was at 53 hours this evening.... ouch!

Ya its slow at Indy of course when u our close to the bottom. Been marked up since 11pm saturday. Was working good last month but this is how they run freight no wander their n the hole

Been slow for about 2 weeks, it must be the fuel prices???, even the freeways are clear during the morning & evening rush hours, never seen anything like it except when the economy was at rock-bottom.

313 has seen a drop in levels for a couple weeks now. Use to be a time when layoffs would come, but now they are keeping everyone, wonder if its because of May 31.
I know we lost a big account (rustoleum) because fedex came in and underpriced everyone big time.
Must be nice to not care if you make a profit.

thanks for the info. Something is definitely up.Our 241 call check this morning was at 61 hours! I didn't even come close to that after Christmas or New years ! I have thought of a few possible reasons. Like Disgruntled said, fuel prices. Also this all started the same time the ABF law suit resumed. Last, a friend told me the deadline in nearing for the pension repayment interest rate agreement to expire. Maybe like Sarge pointed out the rate wars are on again, has any one
heard of this happening at your terminal?

We at 402 had freight falling off the docks for a few weeks now. Called all layoff guys to work plus gave us all the OT we could stand. Ive been waiting by the phone all week and no call. Funny and they are hiring casuals?? Oh well its the road-way

I would'nt doubt that all of these are reasons, but you have to include the weather out west that had alot of freight sitting last week and the holiday weekend. Also the end of some co's quarters are last month and they had to get the freight in the system to keep from paying taxes on the inventory that they had.

Running wide open. 20 loads on Thursday.Not as high of bill count but a lot of volume.Used to do 600+ bills now only 400-500. after the merge.

X- board at 241 Cin. now at 85 hours! After looking at the bill count numbers posted in that thread( thanks BigR!) something is not adding up.

Ya we were busy as it could be at those bill count numbers but not last week or this week. must be diverting freight around 241 and 324

dont forget friday was not a service day and mon. many customers not open because of holiday and this is the end of month coming fri 4/29,enjoy your time off i gaurantee balls tothe walls end of this week and all next week ////:smile:

dont forget friday was not a service day and mon. many customers not open because of holiday and this is the end of month coming fri 4/29,enjoy your time off i gaurantee balls tothe walls end of this week and all next week ////:smile:

I wish I could share your enthusiasm but it slowed down 2 weeks ago at 241. The numbers just do not support this. Hope I'm wrong and you are right though.

Our terminal is loading more and more direct loads so you will not see that freight. We are loading to terminals we normally don't. Don't worry yet, I hope the other terminals are doing the same. We are super busy(616). They can't wait for the LOA to end June 1st. We need all the help we can get.