Furlough days

Black Dot

TB Lurker
Credits
I hear that non union personal start taken furlough days again. I was told we are starting to make a profit again by my TM. I guess he was wrong. So I can forget seeing the 5% coming back to us sometime soon.

if you would like to take every other friday off then don't complain about the 5% you gave back. We don't get a choice we just lose money and now not getting paid for holidays.:thumbsdown:

The holiday deal sucks, no defending that move in my eyes. I would rather have days off than work all month for the same I'd get if I had 2 days off a month.

if you would like to take every other friday off then don't complain about the 5% you gave back. We don't get a choice we just lose money and now not getting paid for holidays.:thumbsdown:

Did all non union people lose holidays?

Furloughs and Holiday Pay

Us non-union folk have been taking Furlough days and losing Holiday Pay since the middle of last year. Anyone talk to their union steward about the supposed 10-20% pay cut the company is looking for on the Union side? Not good for any of us no matter how you look at it!

miron said last year he's losing too much money and he's not happy....carrier closes earlier this year and the customers are leaving daily, no new business...now the only thing is another pay cut?

miron said last year he's losing too much money and he's not happy....carrier closes earlier this year and the customers are leaving daily, no new business...now the only thing is another pay cut?

I heard that company has not made money (as a whole) in over two years! Certain terminals make money - the large breaks, etc - but most of the end of the line terminals are losing their ***! I've always heard that any union company who took pay cuts never survived (Preston, St. J's, CF, Etc.). I hope we can get through it because unemployment doesn't pay the bills and there's nothing better out there right now - that's for sure!

the biggest problem at NEMF is home depot...and if anyone knows anything about how to run an operation they would agree...although the revenue is good..you can never adequately plan..at times your grossly over or understaffed and it kills your costs and service.....ask any salesman about home depot and they would tell you they hate it you CANNOT MIX AN LTL OPERATION WITH HOME DEPOT...ALL OTHERS THAT HAVE TRIED HAVE FAILED......

"skibum66" said:
I heard that company has not made money (as a whole) in over two years! Certain terminals make money - the large breaks, etc - but most of the end of the line terminals are losing their ***! I've always heard that any union company who took pay cuts never survived (Preston, St. J's, CF, Etc.). I hope we can get through it because unemployment doesn't pay the bills and there's nothing better out there right now - that's for sure!

Sure there is. At least 2 terminals and I'm sure more have lost drivers to FedEx National LTL. until this place learns we can't haul freight for free just to say we're busy, they're gonna cry poverty and they're probably right.

O.k Let ask what ltl trucking company is making money? At 68 we are hiring 3 p&d drivers. Our doors are blowing out with freight; we have no mts trailers everyone working 55 plus hours. Are we making money ? We hope to have better management because our management don't care. How would like to start your day off when the inbound dispatcher who routes the trucks tell he don't give a sh#t if you deliver the freight or not. Our operation manger wants to get fire or layoff so he can collect unemployment for 2 years. We call down to main office in N.J to tell what going on we get no results. We all could not make in last Friday because of the snow storm but they want to take a personal day from you. Let put this way if the bran was close to weather and you took in no revenue but you want to pay $ 7;000 in personal days. I wonder why we are losing money!

Good point on the LTL industry. The truckload carriers are squeezing the profits out of the LTL companies. Ltl's have lowered their rates to keep freight in their trucks, but now want money back from the drivers to stay competitive - not with other LTL's, but with truckload carriers! Where is the bottom though? CRST teams who pulls many LTL loads, split 36cpm - 18 cents per driver. It is a race to the bottom and you guys are currently winning! Good luck during this ordeal. Remember the lessons learned by Pennsauken. You all have to stick together if you are going to fight this - if not don't bother!

Sounds like a typical problem that a Norteast based carrier has.Shrinking freight base,weather conditions killing business,discounting out the whazoo.Freight out the whazoo,but hauling for nothing?Sounds like the same senario we had at APA until the owners son closed the doors on 2/14/02.Any N/E based carrier has a hard time surviving. I remember the so called hate between APA and NEMF Shevell was thrilled when APA closed. Less competition of course,but now it may be too little to late? He just might say the hell with and pull the plug,and walk away if loses to mount to the point of no return.What comes around goes around I guess?