FedEx Freight | FXG extra work

tread

TB Lurker
Credits
One of guys mentioned volunteering to drive at Ground during the holidays.

Has anyone from FXF done this and what the work entails?

Weekend doubles work?

It’s a joke and I sure wish they’d end this silly thing. Nothing extra about it! They steal one of our guys a couple weeks out of the year.
You’d think by now they’d prepare for the BS after all these years

Few guys from my old barn do it every December.
Pretty easy gig.
Grab a tractor, run across town to the Ground facility , hook a set,do a 440mi round trip turn.

One of guys mentioned volunteering to drive at Ground during the holidays.

Has anyone from FXF done this and what the work entails?

Weekend doubles work?

Its easy. However the thing i didnt like is they say they need you for 2 weeks lets say. After a week and a day they then decide they dont. Then those last few days your bottom of the board at your center for the rest of the week.

Its easy. However the thing i didnt like is they say they need you for 2 weeks lets say. After a week and a day they then decide they dont. Then those last few days your bottom of the board at your center for the rest of the week.
Can do you better than that. My bid was eliminated while I was on loan to ground. Wasn’t allowed to participate in the bump bid because I was on loan. Went on the extra board by seniority until the next bid.

Ironically, they don't engage in this practice in Canada. Apparently they discussed it, but FXGC would have to contract FXFC in order for the contractors to have the authority to haul Ground's trailers. Ground said no and that was the end of it.