TForce | Fyi, no medical benefits if you strike

Reasonable

TB Lurker
Credits
I want to make something clear before you vote. Your medical benefits will stop within 5 days after your last punch if there is a strike called.walking the picket line does not earn your medical benefits. UPS pays the money to team care. Once they stop paying that money your benefits are cut off.

This is a fact you can call your team Care line and check on it yourself.

I want to make something clear before you vote. Your medical benefits will stop within 5 days after your last punch if there is a strike called.walking the picket line does not earn your medical benefits. UPS pays the money to team care. Once they stop paying that money your benefits are cut off.

Is this without a doubt 100% fact that you are posting? Where did you get that info from?

I’m hearing conflicting info on this like:
1. Medical Benefits continue during strike you just have to pay a percentage. (Like being on work Comp)
2. Medical Benefits become COBRA
3. Vision and Dental not covered but medical covered if you pay percentage.
4. You lose your medical benefits if you do not pay your portion/percentage.

It might be different per local.

Is this without a doubt 100% fact that you are posting? Where did you get that info from?

1. Medical Benefits continue during strike you just have to pay a percentage. (Like being on work Comp)
4. You lose your medical benefits if you do. It pay your portion/percentage.

It might different per local.
If you guy's have a family need insurance a good income! You might wanna vote yes and not listen to all the bs. Where can you work and make what you do with ups freight?

I’m hearing conflicting info on this like

4. You lose your medical benefits if you do. It pay your portion/percentage.

You are responsible for the entire cost of the plan +2%. I believe ups contribution to the average family coverage is anywhere from 12000-15000 per year. Thats about $1000+ a month to keep healthcare. I dont think the strike check will cover that?

You are responsible for the entire cost of the plan +2%. I believe ups contribution to the average family coverage is anywhere from 12000-15000 per year. Thats about $1000+ a month to keep healthcare. I dont think the strike check will cover that? That cobra will really open your eyes to how good you have it at ups freight.

Teamcare has said it "depends" even if Teamsters authorization a strike. I don't know what it depends on.

The business agents are refusing to answer. I heard this from a few locals.

Our local unions BA said we would not be covered. It would go to cobra, which cost you the full cost of all the premiums (your co insurance+the company contribution). That's well over a grand a month.

Just found out it’s different per locals. Better check with your BA.
This sticking point will surely swing votes for the ones that need continues coverage.

Just found out it’s different per locals. Better check with your BA.
This sticking point will surely swing votes for the ones that need continues coverage.

Jesus! It is 5 days from potential strike date, and you no voters are going to be scrambling to see if you're going to keep your medical coverage?
You're not even prepared for a strike.

It might be different per local.
Your 90 days ahead

Jesus! It is 5 days from potential strike date, and you no voters are going to be scrambling to see if you're going to keep your medical coverage?
You're not even prepared for a strike.

Has nothing to do with scrambling just the fact that the thread is misleading people into thinking all is lost.
Not all will lose medical. There are options out there. Some locals are more generous than others. Nothing beats medical coverage during normal business levels.
Like I said, this will make or break many decisions and more cave ins will ensue.

Everyone vote their conscience.

Has nothing to do with scrambling just the fact that the thread is misleading people into thinking all is lost.
Not all will lose medical. There are options out there. Some locals are more generous than others. Nothing beats medical coverage during normal business levels.
Like I said, this will make or break many decisions and more cave ins will ensue

Everyone vote their conscience.

How is accepting a contract with no concessions for all active employees a cave in?
The cave in was the ratification of the small pack contract. We are all alone. It seems you and others are willing to risk the doors closing in hopes of gaining something that is likely not to happen.

Go back in your hole you management mouthpiece.