Gabby?

How about the company OR? Nobody seems to want to reveal that number.

OR is antiquated. It doesn't tell the whole story. We don't report an OR. Most of the companies who do have creative ways to massage the number.

OR is as accurate in our industry as 97% on time performance.

Look up the term EBITDA. That's where the financial guys live now.

Its kinda got me wondering if the powers that be are waiting to see what happens with this Mexican trucker invasion. We all know that they are going to drive the American trucker wages downward. They know it.:ranting2: :furious: I also heard today that it is probably going to be put off until October. Why is it that the raise is pushed back one month every year. If it keeps getting pushed back a month every year. After 12 years of this there will be a year in there that we didnt get a raise. I guess we are not supposed to notice that.

EBITDA- Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation/Amortization.

OR properly figured using FAS 142 is pretty darn close to EBITDA in industry so it's not totally archaic.

Problem with EBITDA is that it's often used as a figure for cash flow and it isn't. Without someone completely understanding the differences, it can get you in a world of trouble.

Operating cash flow is a better measure of how much cash a company is generating because it adds non-cash charges (depreciation and amortization) back to net income and includes the changes in working capital that also use/provide cash (such as changes in receivables, payables and inventories). These working capital factors are the key to determining how much cash a company is generating.

O.R.

OR is antiquated. It doesn't tell the whole story. We don't report an OR. Most of the companies who do have creative ways to massage the number.

OR is as accurate in our industry as 97% on time performance.

Look up the term EBITDA. That's where the financial guys live now.

Give me a break... I can garantee you the CEO and every Facility Manager is looking at what their O.R. is for the company and or the individual facilities whenever the Profit/Loss statements are released. EBITDA's is used primarily to gage if a company has the ability to pay off large interest bearing loan's.

Give me a break... I can garantee you the CEO and every Facility Manager is looking at what their O.R. is for the company and or the individual facilities whenever the Profit/Loss statements are released. EBITDA's is used primarily to gage if a company has the ability to pay off large interest bearing loan's.

When a local TM is looking at a P&L statement and sees his OR, I agree.

When a company publishes their OR, my point is that many times it is a number manipulated by creative accounting.
Many times, not always.

That's why I question it.

I would still like to know what the company is saying the OR is. Is Jevic making money or not? Know one seems to know or just does not want to share the information with the rest of us. It would be nice to know if our efforts are paying off in the end. It would be nice to get a little information to, if anything, keep employees morale up. Seems like everything is a secret.

You are correct, most people would like to know how their company performs. However I would not take the fact that that are not reporting this information as a negative. Many large private very profitable trucking companies do not report this information. I worked for Jevic but left to early when all the rumors with SCS were going on. As an outsider now, you can tell the company is on the right track by the investments they have made in equipment and technology. This is the best indicator on how a company is performing

Like the song goes BOLOGNA and it is all boloney they want to keep us in the dark all they keep saying is we dont know our OR you know they are making money if they did not make money SUN would of not bought this place they would have sold it already and yeah moral is in the dumps and all we have to do is wait a little longer and they got us for a year for no raise they think we are dumb like we dont know what is going on and not only that i do understand that insurance is expensive but to go up EVERY SINGLE year is BULL you can not convince me that it is always going up and Tim C. is a ****** we come to work every day to make $$$$ all he keeps throwing out is compairsons next time the gas co. or my mortgage asks me for my payment i will tell them to go ask the vice prez Tim C. he has all the answers

Sun Cap. Has no other interest other than making Jevic as profitable as possible so they can sell for a healthy profit. You can’t blame them for that.. Everyone is in business to make a profit. Just hope they realize profit comes from a happy motivated work force. First and foremost take care of your people then invest in equipment and technology. If they can “rally the troops” you will be in good shape. Jevic still has a unique product in the market place.