XPO | Gas prices start downward slide

Funny how dragging all of the oil execs on both sides of the border into hearings on unsubstantiated fuel price increases all of the sudden starts a fall in prices...

The only way to stop this crap is to set some hard and fast rules on futures market hedging against stock market pricing. These lazy investors have been doing this for the last few years to make money, instead of doing some actual research on stocks that will make them money.

Yea I noticed that also

And really, it's not the oil companies fault when you look at the big picture, it's the stock market regulation.

These investors buy stocks in oil, then go into the futures market, and buy a huge futures contract, then the oil markets see a possible (speculated) increase in oil consumption and drive the price of a barrel up. Then the lazy investors sell off their oil stock at a gain, and sell off the futures contract (locked in at a lower oil price) for a gain and win on both sides. If something happens on one side of their scam or the other, they will still cover off their losses with gains on the other side. The only real losers are the schmucks like us, or the small business owners that can't afford to wager on a futures contract to keep their business profitable.

Not to mention that our President, Barrack Hussien Obama, has publicly stated that we need to get more in line with the rest of the world in our expectations of a standard of living.
Most of Europe and Asia, along with many other areas have been paying $4.00 to $6.00 per gallon or more for a long time.
They tax gasoline much more than the US.
That is why they all ride bicycles, mopeds, or drive tiny cars.

Nation City Price in USD Regular/Gallon
Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg $4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra $4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12
These are current prices.
I, for one, will not be moving to Venezeula any time soon to save $.
It seems that the days of cheap gas are gone for good.
We will adapt and survive.
As much as I would like to drive my V-10 F250 for everyday transportation, it will remain a low mile truck, used when needed for towing and hauling.
The little Tacoma, 4 cyl. will serve me well for everyday transport.
My biggest concern about fuel prices is not my pocket book, but the US economic recovery in general.
With gas prices going up, people are spending less for all sorts of other things, leading to business in general not recovering from the reccession, leading to our children not being able to find viable employment.
I really don't like Donald Trump....but agree with him on one point...SCREW China!!!!
We, the US, will survive, we will have to adapt to change, but, we WILL survive!
My best to all of you, Longtimeltl.

I know a guy who rides a scooter to work.....everyone is laughing, but 70 mpg and 5 bucks fills her up. Straps his lunch pail on the back and hauls ars to work.

Higher gas prices, while being a drain on the pocket book and a heavy weight on the recovering economy, are a silver lined cloud. There is no future in oil and we don't have enough of our own to meet our demands. We do have more than enough coal,natural gas,wind, and solar energy in this country. As the price for oil goes up, demand for electric cars goes up which encourages more production of those vehicles which over time drives down the price and spurs development of better electric cars and so on. Higher energy costs encourage people to use energy more wisely and conserve it. Higher energy costs encourage the development of new ways of generating energy, such as solar panels. I see more and more solar panels getting pushed across our docks, solar panels are getting made by somebody and installed by somebody which means JOBS. My neighbor got solar panels on his house and now his meter runs backwards during the day. His electric bill for the month is $30. At some point in the next 5-10 years, I am going to get them on my house as well because, while being expensive on the front end, they pay for themselves over and over again in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like paying more for gas,food, and everything else. I also don't like IMPORTING all this oil into our country. Whats a bigger drain on the economy than us as a people and nation paying out billions of $$$ everymonth for imported oil. Why not drive an electric car and pay an AMERICAN to mine coal and build,install,and maintain solar panels and wind turbines. We need to keep our money IN THIS COUNTRY and higher gas prices will make that happen in the long run.

LETS NOT DRILL FOR MORE OIL IN THIS COUNRTY, REMEMBER THE GULF LAST YEAR.