ODFL | Getting back after laid-off

outlaw88

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok question ? I was with odfl for 22 years and got took off the pay roll in 2017 not fired or did I Quit. so then in 2022 I got hired back and got laid -off in Jan of this year . so now I have been told for someone that a driver that quit this past summer wants to come back and that he would be the first one hired back so is this true can they do that? my thing is he quit I didn't Quit i got laid off he Quit plus i was there for 22 years and got took off the payroll. so can someone tell me the answer to this question or should I call GREG GANT OR MARTY FREEMAN?

The way I understood it at our terminal, there was no real layoff, you’re furloughed or however they call it at OD and you basically have to apply to return again. Things might have changed or there’s a agreement made locally, I don’t know.
I would question your situation with management, but I’d be looking elsewhere. Seniority only is good for job selection and vacation.

Ok question ? I was with odfl for 22 years and got took off the pay roll in 2017 not fired or did I Quit. so then in 2022 I got hired back and got laid -off in Jan of this year . so now I have been told for someone that a driver that quit this past summer wants to come back and that he would be the first one hired back so is this true can they do that? my thing is he quit I didn't Quit i got laid off he Quit plus i was there for 22 years and got took off the payroll. so can someone tell me the answer to this question or should I call GREG GANT OR MARTY FREEMAN?
At point there’s no pecking order driver.,, they’ll put out a position and if the manager sees both your names depends who they like Better or think is most qualified for position driver,, don’t listen to that someone,, sounds like driver rumor…..

Get what you can out of Old dominion while your in. (It's how they treat us) One foot in the truck and the other out ready to jump. Don't get comfortable and buy the boat, brand new pickup and over inflated house. Save up a big ****ing sum of money for emergencies. Don't over leverage. Be smart about what you invest in. Always have a backup plan.

Get what you can out of Old dominion while your in. (It's how they treat us) One foot in the truck and the other out ready to jump. Don't get comfortable and buy the boat, brand new pickup and over inflated house. Save up a big ****ing sum of money for emergencies. Don't over leverage. Be smart about what you invest in. Always have a backup plan.
I think that's good advice wherever you work. I've been around long enough and seen that in life nothing is forever (or even close sometimes). :smile new:

I have been 100% Debt free including the house since 2009. I live and always have lived a minimalistic lifestyle ... Life is good when you don't have bills.

Excellent advice.

Never bought a new vehicle in my life. Go for used and have them checked out before purchase at Slave's Diagnostic and Catalytic Converter Repair Shop.
Is that the little 2 bay garage on the back street in Scranton? I hear that it also houses Slave and Associates Legal Negotiations, LLC. I heard that the retainer fee is $53 and $102 a hour after that, as long as the case doesn’t double up and paperwork isn’t double stacked.

The only thing I have is the mortgage. Old pickup and the wife has her 2013 Chrysler paid off. Great advice, especially for young guy’s just starting. Don’t get caught up in competing with the Jones’s. My last bid I bumped a middle level guy off his plan for a big mileage run. He wasn’t to happy. I told him that he should of started in 04 instead of partying.