Yellow | glenmont

Can you give us just a little more detail? As in what state this is? What other terminals are involved?

It's a pretty big company.

sorry glenmont isalbany ny wondering if coo will happen all other ltl freight companys service western mass from albany ny

remo williams said:
If Yellow is moving into the Holland terminal, where is Holland going?Or did Holland move to another terminal?
Last firm news I heard was Holland was pulling out of Albany and Syracuse. Don't know if anythings been changed.

Thanks BigR, the reason i wanted to know was because we have a driver in NH that is leaving to go work for Holland in Albany. He said that Friday was to be his last day.Go figure!

The last thing that was said was that the changed had been removed and they are not closing down Albany or Syracuse, N.Y.

And the lastest rumor is that Yellow is moving in with Holland at the terminal in Albany sometime this fall. It is a pretty decent size terminal and Holland is only using about a 1/4 ot 1/3 of it. Good size yard too.

I guess you can call this a cost saving "synergie". Please do not mind the spelling you get the point. .

Holland is closing in the Northeast. NO IT'S NOT!! YES IT IS TOO!!!!!

I get the feeling that 30% of the Teamsters union is going to be jobless in the next 2 years. Zollars just wants to screw with us to see where he gets the better deal.

kingralph2 said:

Well I guess you know whats going on then Kingralp!! They just withdrew the change in april I was told and they were going to stay open. Unless you work for Holland in Albany or Syracuse what makes you know better. Please enlighten us all.

And why is your personel profile showing location and where you work such secret? Afraid to let us know who and where you are from? Afraid Yellow might be checking on YOU?

little sniglet

yo.....

YELLOW's terminal in albany is a tiny......

half of red star's old terminal is a lot bigger and 10 minutes closer to the thruway......

does anyone know if new penn is still right next to YELLOW in albany?????

mikeeeeeee

I wouldn't put it past Yellow. They have done this in the past. When Yellow aquired Roadway they moved Yellow out of their terminal in Chattanooga Tn. and into a brand new facility in Dalton Ga. that Roadway had just built. Both co.'s using the same dock and the same yard. I Terre Haute In. we share a docka nd Yard with ABF and in BaxterSprings KS. Yellow has sold or more likely leased part of the City dock to another outfit as well as selling off the entire Break bulk that used to be there. So it really comes as no surprise to me that Yellow would be moving in with Holland in Albany NY. I think it is strictly a cost cutting measure.

Traveler said:
I wouldn't put it past Yellow. They have done this in the past. ..................

................ So it really comes as no surprise to me that Yellow would be moving in with Holland in Albany NY. I think it is strictly a cost cutting measure.

So, if it works, and no one loses their job, isn't it a good thing?

yo.....

if the nys thruway authority caves in on triples, the terminal is only about a half a mile from exit 23......

if michigan caves in on triples on i-69, it will be possible to go from boston to chicago with 3 wagons......

having triples access would be a huge plus at waypoints along the way, especially at the junction of i-87 and i-90.......

how much tonnage could that take off the rail?????

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks owlpuss....

i figured new penn would outgrow their terminal before we did....

but now with all the extra real estate we got ya never know....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JimJoe (jj) said:
kingralph2 said:

Well I guess you know whats going on then Kingralp!! They just withdrew the change in april I was told and they were going to stay open. Unless you work for Holland in Albany or Syracuse what makes you know better. Please enlighten us all.

And why is your personel profile showing location and where you work such secret? Afraid to let us know who and where you are from? Afraid Yellow might be checking on YOU?

Take a pill son. I thought that the sarcasm was self evident. People who know, know who I am and where I work. When you grow up, maybe you will figure it out.

MIKEEEEE said:
yo.....

if the nys thruway authority caves in on triples, the terminal is only about a half a mile from exit 23......

if michigan caves in on triples on i-69, it will be possible to go from boston to chicago with 3 wagons......

having triples access would be a huge plus at waypoints along the way, especially at the junction of i-87 and i-90.......

how much tonnage could that take off the rail?????

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Chicago. Michigan? Can you give us a routing on that.

yo ralph.....

i-90 to fort erie, fort erie to sarnia, sarnia to angola on i-69......

how come you think YELLOW went back to a 36" kingpin on all new trailers??????

so they could pull triples under the western formula with hoods and in a pinch twin screws.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; also notice that the new trailers have the axles moved back a bit, so the aspect between the center of the pintle hook to the axle is closer so you get less whip, these guys don't make major changes to the fleet unless they up to something......

MIKEEEEE said:
yo ralph.....

i-90 to fort erie, fort erie to sarnia, sarnia to angola on i-69......

how come you think YELLOW went back to a 36" kingpin on all new trailers??????

so they could pull triples under the western formula with hoods and in a pinch twin screws.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; also notice that the new trailers have the axles moved back a bit, so the aspect between the center of the pintle hook to the axle is closer so you get less whip, these guys don't make major changes to the fleet unless they up to something......

I dodn't think that triples were legal in Ontario. Never seen any there anyway. Then there is the Indiana to Chicago leg, but that isn't that big of a deal. You could go up the 190 to Lewiston too. Easier bridge there.