Yellow | GLG Contributor claims that YRC Is Still Doomed!

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
There is no way that YRC can survive long term. Their wage basis is significantly higher than its non-union competitors. There is no way they can off set that difference with volume or efficiencies. The LTL Market is almost 100% non-union. Consider this fact: of the top 100 Carriers in 1979, which was the year before deregulation.....only 2 continue to exist today.
YRC Is Still Doomed! - GLG News

Don't shoot the messenger, I just find the news stories and deliver them

Thx Jeff rub salt in the wound ........real nice.......I hope if someone finds a real dispairing FEDEX article they post it .....and not be censored

You notice that the person who wrote this little opinion blurb is one of their "Experts". They only let you know the name if you join. They probably try to generate interest by having them write on the more controversial side... This guy could be sitting at a non-union terminal drinking a cup of coffee from his company coffee cup for all we know... Not that he couldn't be right, but he just throws his opinion out there, so I would take it for what it's worth. Maybe he's short selling YRC stock, and wants to see a drop..

I think there is going to be a sell off soon!
no name to the writer of that article HUH? an expert is what it says
I can see they have been right on the money every step of the way
This is not directed at jeff the st louis paper is the one expert

And mr expert looks like a union basher...Maybe even a lurker in these forums and
even under yahoo news maybe under the name?????????

Thx Jeff rub salt in the wound ........real nice.......I hope if someone finds a real dispairing FEDEX article they post it .....and not be censored
So now since I am FEDEX worker I censor people for posting news about them?

Like the layoffs I report on Fedex and stuff like that? or their profit losses? Thats censorship ?

I report ALL news I can find on companies.... it's your job to believe it or not...

I don't sugar coat, if it is in Google News I post it.... there was a Teamster site started by an ex disgruntled member here a few months back, if you need to only read one side of everything that is probably the website for you.

I prefer differing opinions on things... if YRC survives it will be from the skill of the people, and what some blogger/reporter states as his opinion will not make or break YRC.

Channel your energy to better sources than me... I am just doing my job here.

YRC Is Still Doomed! - GLG News

Quote:
There is no way that YRC can survive long term. Their wage basis is significantly higher than its non-union competitors. There is no way they can off set that difference with volume or efficiencies. The LTL Market is almost 100% non-union. Consider this fact: of the top 100 Carriers in 1979, which was the year before deregulation.....only 2 continue to exist today.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just find the news stories and deliver them

Every LTL carrier is suffering in this economy............In Part I disagree with GLG 's article

If you where to compile operating ratio's for ABF & FedEx for the past 3 years

GLG wouldn't be so quick to make such statements, there isn't a carrier in business today that isn't experiencing problems

Union LTL Carrier ABF runs the most efficient operation in the LTL industry, until YRC, FedEx & all the rest of LTL management takes a look at how ABF does it, they will continue their problems, this is not saying ABF is not suffering also, but you can bet, they will solve the problem

It has a lot to do with how you operate.

Jeff can you safely say FedEx has no problems only because they are Non_Union?

Don't shoot the messenger, I just find the facts and deliver them

Idle ramblings

Take it for what it was worth.....nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if the author was one of the many banned in the union/non union debate forum! There were some real YRC haters in that forum. Ain't that right Jeff?

every business is taking a hit, businesses that make themselves worse than what they should be is the problem, this company is trying to do tradeoffs and they will tell you it's running great while we're not competing as well as we should be

How STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE, YRC will be done. There is other jobs out there and LIFE GOES ON.

You can not really be that STUPID, to think YRC will make it.

Maybe you have some brain damage from all the diesel smoke you breathe. FACE IT, FACTS ARE FACTS.

I know all you "SENIOR" men are worried about getting other jobs. WALMART is always looking for DOOR GREATERS.

Working at WALMART would be no different than working for YRC. What ever the company wants the workers have to give it to them, just like YRC.

So stop being so STUPID, put on a blue vest, grab a chair, get some stickers, and go work for WALMART.:puke::eck15:LMB

Every LTL carrier is suffering in this economy............In Part I disagree with GLG 's article

If you where to compile operating ratio's for ABF & FedEx for the past 3 years

GLG wouldn't be so quick to make such statements, there isn't a carrier in business today that isn't experiencing problems

Union LTL Carrier ABF runs the most efficient operation in the LTL industry, until YRC, FedEx & all the rest of LTL management takes a look at how ABF does it, they will continue their problems, this is not saying ABF is not suffering also, but you can bet, they will solve the problem

It has a lot to do with how you operate.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just find the facts and deliver them

I don't write the articles, I don't have a public opinion on YRC's gains or failure, my job is to get people to this website by delivering the information they want to read, good or bad....

Every time I post a positive feel good article, I get thanked, when I post a not so rosy article I get accused of bashing the union or having an agenda for FEDEX.
I do not speak for FEDEX I work for them and I post positive articles as well as negative articles FOUND IN THE NEWS in that forum as well.

When you people see me post my on personal opinion that YRC IS DOOMED! then gripe, otherwise target the guy who wrote the article

Now I will comment on the last statement you made though.

every trucking company in this country has their own problems, are you expecting me to get into a pecker contest and try to convince you FEDEX is superior to YRC?

Sorry, I don't play those games.

I realize YRC guys are worried, I don't want to see 35k or however many people that are there to lose their jobs contrary to belief here, But not everybody here is good with the internet, I try to cater to those people and do the leg work to help them find information as easily as possible. This forum is not just for rosy feel good news and opinions this is real life with real people behind those screens, they need to have all the information they can get.

This is the last post I will make on this topic, I will not defend myself for posting news articles that are all over google news pages.

Wow you guys are really beating Jeff up. All he did was post a link like I would expect anyone running across it to post.

There's an old song by the Doors "The End", I have that tune running in my head everyday I'm there, I'm taking all my vacation/sick days/personal days in the next month or so just in case, I get another 4 weeks in Aug. if we make it that far. :TR10driving03:

Wow you guys are really beating Jeff up. All he did was post a link like I would expect anyone running across it to post.

I was no way trying too beat up on Jeff

if you will read my post, you can see I was "In-Part" disagreeing with the GLG news artical because I was "as stated" In Part " in disagreement "...

with the article's content, not Jeff's post

I very highly respect Jeff, and knowing he knew a lot about Fed Ex and ABF, merely asked him a question, never intending to beat him up in any way shape or form, if that's your perception, it's a misunderstanding of the intent V:nutkick:

Now did that intent "V" make my point:biglaugh: