Estes | Going to Linehaul at Estes

BradBear

TB Lurker
Credits
I’m thinking of switching to Estes. I have been in ltl for 17 years. Running Linehaul with pups. I would be working my out of their Greensboro terminal as that is closest to me. Can you straight into Linehaul, what is average pay for year, and what is a ballpark of schedule for starting out

Thank you

I’m thinking of switching to Estes. I have been in ltl for 17 years. Running Linehaul with pups. I would be working my out of their Greensboro terminal as that is closest to me. Can you straight into Linehaul, what is average pay for year, and what is a ballpark of schedule for starting out

Thank you
Every terminal runs slightly different. Greensboro is a large operation. It depends on what they’re hiring for at this specific time. I would apply for a combo position which is working road, city, and hub. This allows you to accumulate seniority without committing to one specific department. Once a Linehaul run becomes available, you can sign for it and if it is awarded to you, you are officially on the Linehaul board. So if you run combo for 3 years, get a bid run, you have that 3 years under you’re belt. If you apply for an “otr driver” or “extra board” position you will be running wild and go straight onto the Linehaul board. I’ve seen many guys and gals get hired off the street and sign a run on the bulletin board and get it. Usually if it’s posted, unsigned, it is a less desirable run but that’s up to you. There was a memo going around a couple months ago saying average Road driver makes 95k. In my direct experience it ranges from 70k-120k for Linehaul. Many many drivers I speak to on a regular basis out of east coast terminals are in the 6 figures with varied seniority based on run availability. Good luck, sir.

Extraboard (linehaul but out all week) starts at 66.5 cpm. You can decide how much you want to make. Lots of guys making 100k plus here and doing it legal.

Thank you
Greensboro is hiring road drivers,