going

Us old Cf'ers are still here... just that now we are doing what ever it takes to survive.
I feel your pain.... I miss the old days too. Just now that we have to deal with the BS that we have day to day.
It was a great job... I still get to go to my old terminal once in awhile to deliver mail.
I was going to wear a old uniform to work the other day.... that would of been a for sure fire. :nono_h4h:

Good to see you are still around excfman..... keep posting.....:17142:

It does look like we lost our old posts but Stimpy and I replying within hours proves we are not forgotten. Long live the CornFlake. I just started wearing one of my old CF hats last week, so far no one has said anything but I did have a old timer do a double take at my hat.

CGI Midnight Express leaves at midnight !

theres still alot of interest out there ! i take the ole 10 series 10 875 out to the truck shows here on the east coast and the guys all say its probabiy the best job they ever worked at i usually display it as a complete set sometimes i take the semi 379 49 i really enjoy taking the ole gal out when i can its been to baltimore md winchester va macungie pa 3 times trenton nj ballston spa ny 2 times batavia ny 2 or 3 times theres a short video some fellow put on utube of us bobtailing into the macungie pa truck show with it he titled it consolidated freightways lives also just recently the a t h s just aquired the sign at the ole york pa terminal (emingsville ) i worked in buffalo ny until the end in 2002 any questions or comments give a holler [email protected] also im lookin for a ragtop 47 series to put in the set any ideas give a call 585 356 6481

There was one sitting at the Erie terminal.... I will see what happened to it. I get in there once in a while. I know the top was brand new when we closed because I helped put it on. We used it as a storage trailer.

thanks in advance for takin a look towards the end there i remember seeing alot of them in mira loma ca some looked like they were rebuilt with new tarps but you may remember they would put new signs on a 15 series and turn around and retire them ive got a 19 series and the vendor put the new signs on upside down on the r side quite a few hardcore cfers bring it to my attention to ! i really enjoyed workin for cf and with those people steerin for new penn now runnin the road nites

I was at the old terminal this morning... the old rag is gone. I remember it was a long box now..... there is a old pup there.

Looked to be a Pines trailer, the number on it was 99-8153.

I don't recalled that number in our system.... wonder if it was a old Yellow trailer??

Sorry I wasn't much help, I could call the company that now owns the terminal to see what they did with the rag if you want, but it is not at the old terminal anymore.
:tumbleweed:

I'd say it be really hard to find a rag top. in all the years that i was with cf. we didn't have over dozen or so to come in to kno and if did you didn't want have anything to do with it that for sure. Good luck in finding one I'll keep and eye out for you.

thanks stimpy that was quick and you are correct excfman they got pretty scarce towards the end i pulled a pair of 47s out to ako in 95 with a 24 series one time now that woulda made a great pic for hanks truck pictures i think the 99 series was a number for oddballs and extra equipment i looked at a long box today that was said to be a 375 series but it ended up being a 379series 48ft renumbered to a 89 series a pintle hook on the tail and tt numbers tt324 on the side of it for running turnpike doubles someone said they had come up from the florida turnpike you could tell they were not new trailers we had just started up the turnpike doubles outta buf in 2002 with some mack twin screws that cf had permitted for the nys thruway and the mass turnpike so thanks again theres a 47 out there somewhere

theres still alot of interest out there ! i take the ole 10 series 10 875 out to the truck shows here on the east coast and the guys all say its probabiy the best job they ever worked at i usually display it as a complete set sometimes i take the semi 379 49 i really enjoy taking the ole gal out when i can its been to baltimore md winchester va macungie pa 3 times trenton nj ballston spa ny 2 times batavia ny 2 or 3 times theres a short video some fellow put on utube of us bobtailing into the macungie pa truck show with it he titled it consolidated freightways lives also just recently the a t h s just aquired the sign at the ole york pa terminal (emingsville ) i worked in buffalo ny until the end in 2002 any questions or comments give a holler [email protected] also im lookin for a ragtop 47 series to put in the set any ideas give a call 585 356 6481

There is 4 ragtops sitting off I-94 here in Wisconsin. They been there for years at this junk yard.