Central Transport | Good bye Vitran brothers and sisters

Good luck buddy you have no idea yet how good it is going to feel to be away from all that poop

I know for the first time in a few years I'm actually excited about decorating for CHRISTmas, can't tell you the last time that happened, thinking at least 3 or 4 years ago.

Hey Fudgie,

Should I give the CT TM notice that I am thinking about leaving ct on the 1st day I get there. That way when I find a new job I won't get called the bad name like you did by him.

For the longest time I, too, held out hope that this would turn out to be a good merger. I new in the back of my mind though, that it didn't seem possible. So, like $outh$ide, 2koolaj, fudgie and a long list of other great, dedicated people and friends, I'm adding my name to the ever growing list of "former" Vitran employees.

I start my new career of being a tanker yanker on Thursday of next week. I love linehaul,ltl, but it is time to move on. I believe it was luci that pointed out that we were the only ones talking about improving our new home. I believe he his right, again. I don't get the feeling that CTII is interested in moving from the status quo. It seems enough of their people are satisfied with the way they operate that they don't want to rock the boat and improve the system.

I did talk to my Vitran TM and inform him of my choice, but will give my notice in the next couple of days. I should be able to get another 4 day weekend out of it. So, that's it. I will butt in every now and then and hold out hope for those who have no options or decide to stay on and possibly doubt their choice every day that they log on to the handhelds.

Good luck to all, and may God bless each of you.

Hey Fudgie,

Should I give the CT TM notice that I am thinking about leaving ct on the 1st day I get there. That way when I find a new job I won't get called the bad name like you did by him.

Maybe he was just having a bad day, and he didn't actually call me any names, it was his comment and tone that insinuated my character was in question, or he may have been upset at losing a good diver

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he was just having a bad day, and he didn't actually call me any names, it was his comment and tone that insinuated my character was in question, or he may have been upset at losing a good diver

by all the dedicated drivers leaving by the dozens tells you what kind of company c.t. is

I think since I have moved on it's time to step aside, I will check in from time to time but for now I am going to say so long and good bye, good luck to all of you that are giving it a shot, and to those of you that are following in my and many others footsteps I'll look forward to seeing you in a better truck someday.

by all the dedicated drivers leaving by the dozens tells you what kind of company c.t. is

As a rookie driver twenty some years ago I always watched the veterans. I always endeavored to learn from their mistakes and also from their successes. Some of our most veteran drivers are heading out. It's not because they are lazy... It's because life experience has taught them well.

Pay close attention youngsters. ;-)

I feel for you guys... I just retired from Reddaway after 20 years. It was the best job I ever had - until Yellow-Roadway bought us out. That started the downhill slide. Then they merged us with Bestway, and the downhill slide picked up speed. Now everyone is worried that YRC will drag all the regionals down with it - and I think they have reason to worry.

So if you feel some 'bad vibes', and you don't have a lot of time in, maybe you SHOULD look around for a more stable hook to hang your hat on. I started driving back in the 70's in Chicago as a P&D driver for Navajo Freight Lines (the Blue Eyed Indian - Remember?) Back then there were hundreds of truck lines - almost all union. Now there's not even a fraction of them left.

I only stopped by here because I used to watch Vitran trucks pass me every night going down and coming back from, Las Vegas to Reno. I used to r*** them about their "race trucks". Ha.

I feel for you guys... I just retired from Reddaway after 20 years. It was the best job I ever had - until Yellow-Roadway bought us out. That started the downhill slide. Then they merged us with Bestway, and the downhill slide picked up speed. Now everyone is worried that YRC will drag all the regionals down with it - and I think they have reason to worry.

So if you feel some 'bad vibes', and you don't have a lot of time in, maybe you SHOULD look around for a more stable hook to hang your hat on. I started driving back in the 70's in Chicago as a P&D driver for Navajo Freight Lines (the Blue Eyed Indian - Remember?) Back then there were hundreds of truck lines - almost all union. Now there's not even a fraction of them left.

I only stopped by here because I used to watch Vitran trucks pass me every night going down and coming back from, Las Vegas to Reno. I used to r*** them about their "race trucks". Ha.

Thanks for stopping by. Always good to hear an outside perspective.