Good Enough

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So today they awarded me the route that I have been covering for the past oh close to two months now. Actually the pay rate for it isn't bad, it pays hourly, flat rate and commission it's pretty decent money. For a single guy that pretty much has no bills besides 1 car and car insurance for that car I'll be doing pretty good for one person.

Any how I guess it must be good enough, they still wanted to see my time come down and I gave them opportunities I said let me have the next two weeks or so, but they so no were going to award you this route, we feel comfortable enough with you on it.

So that's it I'm off the extra board and am a solid route driver starting Monday. I'll just try to keep working it the best I can.

I wonder if they felt, well at the end of the day he knows enough, he's in the ball park, which is what they said, they said overall in general I was in the ball park and close enough so I guess that takes the cake, I have a new driver number on Monday a new palm actually I liked my old palm, but I guess they probably had to promote me so they could promote someone else or had another extra who needed space who the heck knows.

Anyhow, here I am off the extra board and on to the regular board and have a route. I must be doing something right. What I would like and this won't happen, is my own tractor and trailer. 85% of the time I am in the same tractor and trailer, that Bluemoon Trailer you see in the pictures is usually the one I pull around, but now and then, they switch it out. What happened was one of the door springs on the trailer broke a week or so ago when someone else was using the trailer and they haven't fixed it yet, so now the bay above the drivers tire cannot be used, so when they need that bay they usually leave that tractor and trailer parked and give me another tractor and trailer. The one week they sent my regular trailer to a drop lot because they needed it for a doubles run.

Anyhow, I guess in a way I sent out when I started and met my goal.