Good Food Thread

Can we call you Mr. Green Beans now Jeffery ?
Actually I'll bet you find it calming just being
there , nothing like doing stuff like that . As a
young man we had about 1.5 acre farm that my
Gramps from Sicily & I helped him with . We shared
our food with all our neighbors so we all ate good.

It's what you eat when you are poor and 7 in one house , they go with anything from that garden Slave .
My mom's family had 13 kids.
Most had to quit school in 8th grade. Go to work.
My grandfather from NC came up to visit before I was born and said he never seen so much food on one table in his life.
I don't know how they did it. I don't think welfare existed yet. But they always had plenty of food. They still do until they die. Always pushing food past the point of stuffed. They never leave anybody hungry. It's just how they've always been. I don't know how they did it.

Last edited:
If you don't like fresh pressed garlic and butter on a steak, you will hate mine. I cook my steaks one way outside on a new wave cooker in a cast iron skillet at sear temperature

PXL_20230813_145807719.md.jpeg
Butter????!! Was that ribeye not marbled enough for ya, Jeff??
Hey Breeze, you better stash some statins in mason jars cuz NC is gonna run out……

I eat em all Ribeye's T-bones Porterhouse NY Strip Skirt Steak Chuck Eyes
How do you like the chuck eye steaks? I know chuck is better low and slow. The flanken ribs, the cross cut ribs cut 1/4 inch or less are great cooked fast and high, but a thicker cut of chuck steak isn’t too tough on the grill?

How do you like the chuck eye steaks? I know chuck is better low and slow. The flanken ribs, the cross cut ribs cut 1/4 inch or less are great cooked fast and high, but a thicker cut of chuck steak isn’t too tough on the grill?
Chuck eye is the first cut of a ribeye and you will be hard pressed to taste the difference in it and a regular ribeye.. It just has one small strip of gristle to remove or eat around but usually much cheaper than Ribeye. Use to be able to get them real cheap until people learned about them.

Chuck eye is the first cut of a ribeye and you will be hard pressed to taste the difference in it and a regular ribeye.. It just has one small strip of gristle to remove or eat around but usually much cheaper than Ribeye. Use to be able to get them real cheap until people learned about them.
Awwwww. I see you mean. Thanks. I noticed they got a little expensive, but they used to be cheaper than sirloin.

Awwwww. I see you mean. Thanks. I noticed they got a little expensive, but they used to be cheaper than sirloin.
Not anymore , I get what ever is on special around here because I like them all , this week it was Sirloins for 6.98 per lb... Snap up 3 at around 22oz each and me and the wife split it. I don't eat out much at all, we cook better than a restaurant for 25% of the cost

So what kind of seasoning do you use?

IMG_0699.md.jpeg
I use this as my basic everyday steak seasoning. Used to just garlic salt and pepper them. I would use Montreal. I liked the big granules in it but I eventually thought the black pepper was overpowering in it, so I dont use it as much. I’ve tried to be the “chemist” and make my own rubs and seasonings but I was never happy with them. I just buy already mixed in a combination that I like and this stuff does it for me. It’s made in Supercourse’s part of the country. It sells online for 6 or7 bucks plus shipping, but I was visiting SC’s area and bought a bunch at the Kittery Trading Post (the local BassPro/ Cabelas) and brought them home.

So what kind of seasoning do you use?

IMG_0699.md.jpeg
I use this as my basic everyday steak seasoning. Used to just garlic salt and pepper them. I would use Montreal. I liked the big granules in it but I eventually thought the black pepper was overpowering in it, so I dont use it as much. I’ve tried to be the “chemist” and make my own rubs and seasonings but I was never happy with them. I just buy already mixed in a combination that I like and this stuff does it for me. It’s made in Supercourse’s part of the country. It sells online for 6 or7 bucks plus shipping, but I was visiting SC’s area and bought a bunch at the Kittery Trading Post (the local BassPro/ Cabelas) and brought them home.
This particular steak I cut 1/4 inch slits in the steak , press some fresh garlic making sure it's in the 1/4 inch slices I cut , Soft butter smeared on steak add salt .
Add as much or little garlic to suit your taste, I like it strong The main thing is to make sure the pan is hot so you don't steam a steak. I always leave my steak on the counter for a couple hours before I cook it.