XPO | good ole days

goodwrench1

TB Lurker
Credits
I remember a time when i saw alot of people working hard to make Conway...Conway. Now , so much has changed, lets take a look here. The Jerry Detter days we could reach 100 % icp payout, not anymore ! payout is what the beancounters think you should have. Conway was growing vigorously, not anymore. Attitude was alot better...not anymore. The union wasn't thought of...not anymore. They (xgo) didn;t take from us, not anymore, now we should be gratefull we have a job.the bennies were so much better, definatly, not anymore Conway has been here since 1983 , but all things must end. Hey look at it this way....look at all the wealthy c.e.o.'s we made.

you got the top drivers and the bottom drivers and the top drivers think they are better than everyone else thats the problem

Something

you got the top drivers and the bottom drivers and the top drivers think they are better than everyone else thats the problem

Thats something we can change right now. The backstabbing, crap talking needs too stop. The only thing we have that Conway management cant take away is UNITY! My brother and a few of my cousins are drivers for different union carriers. The Sr vs Jr mentality doesnt exist for the most part, its about being united for ONE cause. The company wants too make profits and we want too make a decent living. Those two things can and do co-exist as one. I think everyone needs too head over too the union/non union section and start getting informed. If you dont think the next thing done is OT you are living in a fantasy world. 10 years ago who would have thought that everything we've lost would have happened? NOBODY!

the fac i go to the top drivers treat the bottom drivers like crap there is no brotherhood in this company it is all about me this vacation deal is proof we bottom guys have family we would like to spend time with in the summer

the fac i go to the top drivers treat the bottom drivers like crap there is no brotherhood in this company it is all about me this vacation deal is proof we bottom guys have family we would like to spend time with in the summer

That's the sad fact. I never could understand how some senior drivers could act that way to a newer employee. Some and I said some senior guys act like prima donna's and gods. Not all senior drivers are smarter or work more efficiently than the new guy. They just happened to get hired before them.

A good senior driver is the one willing to help or train a new person become more efficient in his day to day operation. Not blow him off and walk or turn away.
I'm not saying shadow the person. Just help him if you spot something wrong or they ask questions.

If they keep driving away the new guy than guess what? The company has no choice but to hire the scrap heap applicants.
If they can't get the scrap heap applicants than guess what? Those senior drivers get to work the dock more often.

It's already tough enough to get and retain people due to the bad word of mouth thats been going on.

The good ole days are gone. Time for you drivers to band together and make the best of it.

Bummer,we were there at one time,when you get 20 plus yrs in you will see our point.

As a newer guy....

I have to agree,some of the Sr. guys are real azzes.Before I ramble on with negativity,let me interject some positive.There are a few Sr. guys I have worked with who have been very helpful,and given me alot of insight.The top linehaul driver at my barn helped me with a seriously f'd up trailer for an hour one Saturday morning,while 4 other drivers stood at the window and watched.This same driver also takes a minute to say hi to me and ask how my day was.

I have noticed alot of Sr. drivers get this God complex,at my barn and at the FAC's.I have been treated like sh!t,badgered,and messed with on several occassions.Even almost getting into a fight with one over something really stupid.It's funny to stand at the dispatch counter,and listen to some of these guys talking sh!t about everyone,only knowing I would also be the topic of conversation if I weren't standing there.

I used to go out of my way to help these guys,hooking,keeping trailers spaced well in the yard,etc...etc..Not anymore,now I could give a rats azz what they think.Respect is earned,not a right because you have 15-20 yrs with Con-Way.

On to FAC's.....I have on several occasions gone out of my way to help someone who was breaking a really messed up trailer.Helped restack dumped skids,moved dunnage,etc..etc..On two occasions I was lucky enough to break an XBV box with tires on it.One time in peticuliar,I had 35 steer tires.It was almost the end of the night and several guys were standing around talking.Do you think any of these guys would come and give me a hand? Nope.... (the box had a total of about 125 tires on it)Finally a guy from XSJ came and gave me a hand when he finished with his last breaker.

Unity and brotherhood? I have to chuckle about that one.It's getting to the point where it's every man for himself,and stab your fellow worker in the back if you see fit.It's funny when you see 3 guys breaking one trailer thats uniformly loaded with no issues,then you see a new guy all by himself breaking a 23 bill trailer that looks like it was loaded with a bulldozer.

If you want change in this company.....it starts with you.If we all can't get along and work as one.How will we ever get a point across to GO,or anyone else for that matter?