TForce | Good way to **** employees off

Maybe some guys value their time off more than premium pay. This ain’t no dress rehearsal !!
Visitor here. Union soda pop company I did twenty with did same thing with contract. We wanted another PD, they gave us a “holiday” as it’s easier for them to schedule/cover. Doing MLK Day is a PR bonus for them as well. WTF am I going to do in January, two weeks after Christmas & New Year holidays?

When I was a child, Saturday morning belonged to me. No Parents, No teachers no nothing.

When I became a adult and took up work for wages Saturdays belonged to whomever called the tune and paid me the money. After a time in trucking saturday did not matter.

You knew it was sunday when you passed through places with blue laws. Dead. No society activity. Which was a opportunity to enjoy traffic free problems.

The hardest time to make any money in miles is holiday time in the USA. At the same time its some of the easiest driving ever. I spent one thanksgiving coming out of Old Raton all the way across to roughly McAlester on some of the old roads and saw no one. Everyone was busy having football and thanksgiving dinner. That was pretty lonely day.

Its what we do. So New York City can get their meats in a few days and have it to eat then.

Maybe some guys value their time off more than premium pay. This ain’t no dress rehearsal !!
As for me I'll gladly work but I can understand those who don't wish to do so. Christmas is the only day I refuse to. According to the memo it states all holidays are optional work days i hope their not going to go nuts with this.

As for me I'll gladly work but I can understand those who don't wish to do so. Christmas is the only day I refuse to. According to the memo it states all holidays are optional work days i hope their not going to go nuts with this.
Other than a very few stores, not many businesses are open on Christmas so unless that changes nobody will have to worry about working that day. I’ve been in this racket for 30+ years and never once have any company I ran for closed on MLK day. Read your contract boys. Find where it states that paid holidays also require terminals to be closed. If your customers are open you can be assured you will be running too. Your responsibility now is to make double sure that your holiday pay makes it into your account. Because MLK day was inserted into this new contract there’s sure to be some hiccups. Take that extra money and do something special with your family or get yourself a little extra something. You all deserve it.

Other than a very few stores, not many businesses are open on Christmas so unless that changes nobody will have to worry about working that day. I’ve been in this racket for 30+ years and never once have any company I ran for closed on MLK day. Read your contract boys. Find where it states that paid holidays also require terminals to be closed. If your customers are open you can be assured you will be running too. Your responsibility now is to make double sure that your holiday pay makes it into your account. Because MLK day was inserted into this new contract there’s sure to be some hiccups. Take that extra money and do something special with your family or get yourself a little extra something. You all deserve it.
No one said the terminal will be required to be closed. The fact remains, if you do show up to work, you will still be paid 8 hours of holiday pay .

No one said the terminal will be required to be closed. The fact remains, if you do show up to work, you will still be paid 8 hours of holiday pay .
Well there seems to be enough chatter or complaining on this thread about possibly having to work on a newly “paid” holiday. Plan on working, just cover your ass and don’t get disqualified from getting your holiday pay.

I remember when everything was closed on Sundays and then greed came along.
There's that greed word again! Was it greedy of the business owners providing goods and services their customers wanted when they wanted them? Was it greedy of folks not getting important work done during the week to get weekend OT?

If you don't work you'll probably have to file if you do work you'll make alot of extra money. Personally I'll gladly work.
The only way that will work is if I didn't show up the Friday before or the Tuesday after, if they withhold it for a grievance , when I get my check and hopefully they will be late with the payment and I will get penalty pay on top of it .

They already know they'll loose if they don't pay
The only way that will work is if I didn't show up the Friday before or the Tuesday after, if they withhold it for a grievance , when I get my check and hopefully they will be late with the payment and I will get penalty pay on top of it .
They already know they'll loose if they don't pay

No issue with that at all. It's just a fact that we're in a type of business where holiday work is sometimes required.
I got no issues with workin holidaze. Done it many times. My version of double dipping

Better be sumthin far enough from the barn to be worth my while tho like at least 2 hrs one way. Short runs are beneath my dignity