Yellow | Goodbye Big R

bad slavin

TB Lurker
Credits
I had to say goodbye to the Big R after 13 yrs. I was a casualty of a coo from 131 Scranton Pa. to120 Stroudsburg Pa. There were alot of empty promises from management . Someone had to get thrown under the bus on this change. Seniority prevails and that is the way it should be. There is no sence in badmouthing Roadway or management, they along with the Teamsters gave myself and family a secure job with good bennies for a long time, but there are too many changes in the wind, and they do not look good. I saw an opportunity to jump ship, so, here goes nothing!! I'll get my vacations and everything else back in time. I'll stay with the Teamsters, it is still the best thing out there.

Yeah, it took some thinking but it's a good user name. Still can't believe how someone can lie so much with a straight face. They wanted me to drive down there to sign the paperwork, but the price of the stamp was much cheaper. You guys treated us well and i thank you for that, it made the move easier. Good luck to everyone, hope the change does not hurt too much

Hope you make out ok, I believe that you are better off away from 120, it has been like that since I have been there. They lie and expect you to believe them. I have come to the point I do not believe a word they say. Like I said to the CARSALESMAN, he is telling me all about accounts they are getting, I said to him show me don't tell me about them. I will believe it when I see it. They are the absolute worst I have ever seen.

Here is someone who has come to the conclusion that he cannot go any farther with Roadway. Instead of doing a lot of wining and complaining and blaming everything from our new contract to the economy for his problems he has decided to try something else. It's called being pro-active and I hope he stays in touch so others can learn from his example.

Well the username with post saying goodbye, I nearly fell out of my chair. After catching my breath and reading post my smile became a frown. Oh well maybe soon the real one will go. Anyway bad slavin take care and keep in touch with us.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Sorry to get your hopes up gr8one. I give you guys lots of credit for putting up with that HellHole. Roadway used to be a great company, but you can't sit around all fat and happy while other freight carriers take your customers away, then blame everyone else.

Here is someone who has come to the conclusion that he cannot go any farther with Roadway. Instead of doing a lot of wining and complaining and blaming everything from our new contract to the economy for his problems he has decided to try something else. It's called being pro-active and I hope he stays in touch so others can learn from his example.

Call me when ABF is hiring in my area and I'll make the lateral move in a second. He is simply taking advantage of a sound LATERAL opportunity. Its called having a viable option. I wish it was open to me, as I'm sure many others not getting a full paycheck like you, wish it was. They could keep the wage and pension process.

I too made the jump, back in Feb. I haven't been there as long as others but seen no future for me, I was at 371. Got out of the freight business altogether, and got me another teamster job. So far it is the best decision that I could of made in my life. Nothing against anyone that works for Roadway or that I worked with, but I am so much happier now than I was a year ago. I still check back here once in a while to see what is going on, but for the most part I don't look back. Good luck to everyone.

I didn't have a chance to say good-bye and good luck.I wish you and your family
the best. All the lies ($3100. moving expense,staying in your same city unit,doing P&D in the area you know like the back of your hand,and more)told just to get 131 guys up there because the higher ups had no clue where any thing was. Now we're expendable.Carry on my friend, I'll be joining you in about 18 mos.You know who I am.

I hope the 18 mos. goes by quickly, and smoothly. After The wonderful sales pitch last July by the USEDCARSALESMAN and his trainees , i figured it was time to make some plans. Your quote about all the lies was right on the mark. We were warned about 120, and it was all correct.