FedEx Freight | Goverened speed

blindbaron

TB Lurker
Credits
While on vacation this year went through some states where the speed limit is 75. I was wondering if those trucks in that area can run 75 or stuck at 65 ??

If they have the ability to run that fast and not govern then yes they can run what ever they want.But our trucks best 64.9 on a good day

How ya figure that, Red?
I actually make more now than I did before. WITHOUT milking the clock.
Sorry if you thought I implied that you were milking the clock, I wasn't, just using basic arithmetic...at $35 per hour vs what a mileage driver makes per hour (depending on his/her run), you'd have to work on average about 2 hours more per day by the simple fact that you're driving 55mph while the rest are driving 65mph.

Wow 64.9 here i am stuck at 61.9 on the pedal 60 cruise you guys have it so good have a safe one

Sorry if you thought I implied that you were milking the clock, I wasn't, just using basic arithmetic...at $35 per hour vs what a mileage driver makes per hour (depending on his/her run), you'd have to work on average about 2 hours more per day by the simple fact that you're driving 55mph while the rest are driving 65mph.
True that, 65 mph states let you do in 8 what I do in 10, but I'm ok with my 460 mi day time turn and the money it pays me. 56 mph is very soothing, you just have to imagine everyone is waving more fingers at you.

Actually, most of our trucks are 64mph at best when checked by our own personal GPS devices...but the speedometer says 65 so it makes us "feel" like we're doing it!!
Ours are the same digatal read out says 62 but we know it''s not that's ok i stay in the right lane all the time anyways makes for a relaxing run knowing I'm not over the speed limit have a safe one

I personally don't see how you do it...I get enough "one finger salutes" driving 65, at 55 I'd probably get rear ended, ran off the road, or both!!
I'm dating myself here, but one of my first driving jobs had Sangamo tattletales in every truck. Anything over 56 was severely frowned upon. Got very good at cutting a 55 mph line. Now, just put it on cruise and ignore everyone else.

I'm dating myself here, but one of my first driving jobs had Sangamo tattletales in every truck. Anything over 56 was severely frowned upon. Got very good at cutting a 55 mph line. Now, just put it on cruise and ignore everyone else.

Oh I was under the impression you were pulling freight with a Model T back in the day