Great performance by Robbie Hummel in a losing effort.

Northern Flash

Today's Democrats are similar to Commies.
Credits
I just wanted to give kudos to Robbie Hummel for one of the best performances by a single player that I can remember.

I openly admit, I'm no Purdue fan by any stretch of the imagination, but Hummel put on one heck of a show. He not only put the team on his back right from the beginning, but he carried them though out the whole game. In the first half he did most of their scoring and was sizzling hot shooting the ball, but though out the whole game he had hustle plays that don't get recorded in the stat book. Purdue had their chances to hold on and win the game, but it wasn't meant to be. Kansas stayed within striking distance and made plays when it counted. But, if Hummel had any support from his team mates at the end of the game, Kansas would be done for the season. I just assumed that Kansas would crush Purdue, but Hummel needs to be recognized. That's the kind of effort that a senior should close out their career with in my eyes. Great effort Robbie.

If I hadn't smoked my lunch the day that I posted my thoughts on Robbie Hummel's performance, I would have posted an article with some stats to support my thoughts.:duh: I meant to.....but forgot to post the article. Here are some stats, in the case that anyone cares. Sorry.

Purdue Boilermakers vs. Kansas Jayhawks - March 18, 2012 - Box Score - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News

Hummel was 9 of 13 shooting........5 of 9 from three point land, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, with 26 total points. Almost all of the scoring was in the first half.