Yellow | Greenville

No or very little hiring in the last 8-10 years makes for a stale tired workforce. Old too.
They got what they wanted. Not what they expected. Now it's their problem.
I feel like bad for the brothers and sisters that had to move to new areas terminals and such. Just to survive for this damned place. The company doesn't even want to help itself. And I'm not talking about money. Just not thinking about their own future and how to be viable. Starting with the most important part. People. They just F the people and that's all they think they needed to do. And all would be hunky dory. What goes around comes around. And it's comin around! Good luck with the new workforce. Where ever they are.
55 year Olds with 30 years? That's their workforce. I feel bad for them too.
2019 is coming. Put up or shut up. No. Don't shut up. Grow some friggin balls and strike. Union approved or not.

No or very little hiring in the last 8-10 years makes for a stale tired workforce. Old too.
They got what they wanted. Not what they expected. Now it's their problem.
I feel like bad for the brothers and sisters that had to move to new areas terminals and such. Just to survive for this damned place. The company doesn't even want to help itself. And I'm not talking about money. Just not thinking about their own future and how to be viable. Starting with the most important part. People. They just F the people and that's all they think they needed to do. And all would be hunky dory. What goes around comes around. And it's comin around! Good luck with the new workforce. Where ever they are.
55 year Olds with 30 years? That's their workforce. I feel bad for them too.
2019 is coming. Put up or shut up. No. Don't shut up. Grow some friggin balls and strike. Union approved or not.
And if the ones with 30 years & near retirement age get fed up enough they will leave so quickly is so short of a time some companies will fold for a lack of steering wheel holders. And with the hoops to jump thru to get a CDL with all the endorsements, why would a 22 or 24 year old go that direction? Like you said, it's coming around & they aint gonna like what they see.

-15% Pay givebacks and lost a week's vacation time after 20 years is a pretty good slap in the face !! and -15% on the our nickel raise too !! then they wonder why nobody will apply ????
th
Plus we lost some of our vacation pay

I still have the Roadway Spotlight magazine that featured the Greenville SC. breakbulk, back in the mid 1980's.
My grandfather and uncle retired road drivers out of that terminal. Hell I run out of it with holland now. Remember at nights I would stay at his house you could heard yard horses all thru the night at times.

Reactions: mud
My grandfather and uncle retired road drivers out of that terminal. Hell I run out of it with holland now. Remember at nights I would stay at his house you could heard yard horses all thru the night at times.
I have family in Greenville that I visit as much as I can.

-15% Pay givebacks and lost a week's vacation time after 20 years is a pretty good slap in the face !! and -15% on the our nickel raise too !! then they wonder why nobody will apply ????
th

You did not LOSE anything....it was negogiated by Tyson Johnson and others at the IBT, and voted on by the majority to accept it until 2019.....some just did not read it all before voting, and some did.

You did not LOSE anything....it was negogiated by Tyson Johnson and others at the IBT, and voted on by the majority to accept it until 2019.....some just did not read it all before voting, and some did.
But it was YRCW idea to ask for givebacks ,right ?? not our idea ? and yes I did lose a weeks vac. & -15% by the union letting a vote take place 2 times , so we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Two senior road drivers are hanging it up they had enough tried to hire on some new people they might last two weeks then its back to the same problem. Its gotten so bad some of the roadies I see now look like they are Hells Angels members on work release

whatcha mean with this readit stuff . it said i just hada put me X and sender back .phhhht why sud i a read it ?