R&L | Greenwood??

evinrude

TB Lurker
Credits
We have been instructed to check off the greenwood box on our logs from now on.We are not to use the R+L box.Has any one heard why?or what the reason is?

my thoughts were, that is where they consolidated everything to or where the R+L trucks are leased from since the re-lettering of the trucks.

Also, I read the section in our saftey/memo sheet that we sign off on once a month. It said.. all drivers who log regularly and drive a truck with US DOT 66391 (or whatever the number was) must start checking Greenwood Motor

btw I heard from miami lh that they dont sign or get that safety sheet every month to sign,
is it true,anyone knows?

It's no big secret that the Greenwood name has been retained by the Robert's Family since buying the company. I'm sure it is all a tax deal tranfering owner ship of equipment to Greenwood in a lower tax state and then leasing it back to R+L. it's all about the money

It's no big secret that the Greenwood name has been retained by the Robert's Family since buying the company. I'm sure it is all a tax deal tranfering owner ship of equipment to Greenwood in a lower tax state and then leasing it back to R+L. it's all about the money

Ok .. if they were transferring tax write offs Greenwood and R and L would not be sharing the same address in wilmington, ohio... either one of these two would have an office somewhere in another state.

R&l Carriers,Greenwood ,Gator, Paramount Freight, all owned/ held by the Roberts Family, BUT none of the companies OWN their trucks/trailers or terminals for that matter.
Equipment is owned by R&L Transfer, properties by RLR Investments.
They went through this a few years back, back then someone hit the wrong key when registering all the trucks, most had to be redecaled or face big fines. This time it is most likely cheaper registrations or authority costs.

Then again maybe they will start up each company sort of on their own....it did seem to run abit smoother then....

linehowler has it right it has to do with the dot #'s on the side of the truck they changed it to greenwood's #'s be prepared at he scales they are going to start pulling you in because of the name on the truck not matching the #'s

linehowler has it right it has to do with the dot #'s on the side of the truck they changed it to greenwood's #'s be prepared at he scales they are going to start pulling you in because of the name on the truck not matching the #'s
They've all been changed at my terminal

Ok .. if they were transferring tax write offs Greenwood and R and L would not be sharing the same address in wilmington, ohio... either one of these two would have an office somewhere in another state.
I't is all about accounting now R+L takes a charge for paying leasing fees while Greenwood takes depreciatrion with both companies making less on paper. They do the same thing with Truck parts R+L purchases them all from Robert's Truck parts it has to do with accounting

R&l Carriers,Greenwood ,Gator, Paramount Freight, all owned/ held by the Roberts Family, BUT none of the companies OWN their trucks/trailers or terminals for that matter.
Equipment is owned by R&L Transfer, properties by RLR Investments.
They went through this a few years back, back then someone hit the wrong key when registering all the trucks, most had to be redecaled or face big fines. This time it is most likely cheaper registrations or authority costs.

Then again maybe they will start up each company sort of on their own....it did seem to run abit smoother then....
paramount owned by roby roberts. no equipment. original terminal bought in pennsylvania