R&L | Greenwood??

linehowler has it right it has to do with the dot #'s on the side of the truck they changed it to greenwood's #'s be prepared at he scales they are going to start pulling you in because of the name on the truck not matching the #'s
We'll be ok..... Check your permits. I'm going to TRY and get this right. The trucks now belong to Greenwood they are leased back to "R&L Carriers" not "R&L transfer". You must have a copy of the lease agreement in the permit book, if your truck still has the old DOT number nothing has changed......... Hope this clears things up and I don't have things backwards:1036316054:

I figure in the end we will all be working under "R&L CARRIERS".... No more Gator,Greenwood,(old)Paramount and R&L Transfer.......... I can see BOL's with one name along with everything else. It's really just name changes our Pro #'s are all the same so no problem there. After hearing the guy talk on propoganda tv about R&L becoming a global player in the freight business it wouldn't surprise me.......
R&L Carriers= Moves the freight
Greenwood= Owns the equipment
RLR= Owns the property
Paramount and everything else= It goes here:biglaugh:

If i'm right, i'm just a good guesser!!!!!!!!!
If i'm wrong, well it was a heck of a shot!!!!!!!:clap:

paramount owned by roby roberts. no equipment. original terminal bought in pennsylvania

?????
Roby is one of the Roberts... and the terminal is leased....
Paramount was a limited partnership (very limited),and the other party was bought out and dismissed. And at the time Roby didn't have a third floor office.
Not sure what your referring to.

But i have another question, maybe someone can answer.
The new paramount, is it the old company? meaning authority and ICC, or a completely new company?

It would seem confusing to hold 2 companies with similar names.

Paramount was started by Rob K. in partnership with the Roberts. From what I understand, one of the reasons they bought him out was because of the drivers. A lot of broken promises, and threat of union. This is just what I was told by a couple of drivers that were around when it happened.

That was Paramount Transportation Lebanon, PA. The new company is Paramount Freight Systems Fort Myers, FL.

?????
Paramount was a limited partnership (very limited),and the other party was bought out and dismissed. And at the time Roby didn't have a third floor office.

The new paramount, is it the old company? meaning authority and ICC, or a completely new company?

not sure what your referring to mechanix. since you know so much about the first part of your post why can't you answer the last part of your post. maybe your confussed. and you are right about a third floor office but that doesn't mean he couldn't have a business or enough money to buy one

not sure what your referring to mechanix. since you know so much about the first part of your post why can't you answer the last part of your post. maybe your confussed. and you are right about a third floor office but that doesn't mean he couldn't have a business or enough money to buy one

I do believe we are on separate lines on part of this.
I know I can come off harsh or brash, so it was probably something misstated.
Third floor meant upper management (family) at the time.
And I'm sure your not meaning that he himself or with partners started Paramount in Pa.

paramount was not started it was an existing company and yes i probably took you wrong because he is on the third floor for real. sorry

:hysterical: Now it makes sense, we were on different time lines... at that time he didn't have an official office on the third floor (@ 1999). He was still under the wings of grampa and dad.
And from what I recall,that Paramount existed only on paper and dreams until it was brought to R&L's attention by the holder. I knew the "other partner" from his previous employer,and some of "issues" with him, but all that is history.
Now I'll have to do some checking on him,,, wonder what he is doing now. Screwed up a sweet gig he did.

:hysterical: Now it makes sense, we were on different time lines... at that time he didn't have an official office on the third floor (@ 1999). He was still under the wings of grampa and dad.
And from what I recall,that Paramount existed only on paper and dreams until it was brought to R&L's attention by the holder. I knew the "other partner" from his previous employer,and some of "issues" with him, but all that is history.
Now I'll have to do some checking on him,,, wonder what he is doing now. Screwed up a sweet gig he did.

grandpa died in 1994/1995 and the parmount building and business that he bought or they bought was existing my brotherinlaw went with robby in penn. to prep it for the painters to give it fresh paint i know this for a fact i can get the town for you if necessary.

Gator,Greenwood,and Paramont transportation were all bought by R&L over the years. They have kept the drivers logging to them for tax purposes. One division can show a profit while another can show a loss and be a tax write off. It's all legal,some companies call it diversified. Paramont Freight systems was started last year by Roby with the last president showing as CEO or president there-I can't remember which. The last president is still in Willmington,he just moved to COO-Cheif Finacial Officer. He was not or is not a part owner of Paramont--he only wishes as much. Do you honestly think that Roby or Sr. or any other Roberts would cut a non fanily member in as part owner of anything? If you beleive that then you don't know anything about them. Instead of buying parts from someone else Sr. just started his own company and cut out the middle man. What do you think happens to the old pallets that they send to Wilmington? They are ran through a chipper and made into mulch--guess who owns the company. You probably have some of them around the bushes at your terminal. R&L buys them back and the company pays R&L to ship them to you. Do you see what I'm saying. Roberts Truck Parts pays to ship through R&L too,starting to get the picture? Diversify diversify diversify!!! I personally love it. I have alot of respect for Sr. and what he's been able to do. Always remember that he started out with just ONE truck and alot of ambition.

?????

mechanix i was wrong and i can't beleive i am admitting it but you were right it was a limited partnership and didn't last long and he was (the partner)bought out. that was roughly 8 yrs ago. i done my research and you were right. i beleive the other guys name was barry maybe. once again, i appoligize.

mechanix i was wrong and i can't beleive i am admitting it but you were right it was a limited partnership and didn't last long and he was (the partner)bought out. that was roughly 8 yrs ago. i done my research and you were right. i beleive the other guys name was barry maybe. once again, i appoligize.

Wrong on the name,but it doesn't matter... what is funny is that is guy they should've canned and KEPT the other.:hysterical::hysterical: AH the memories,,,, and some were even good. :hysterical:

No harm done, if you get over to the parts side at all, I'll pm you my name and you can have some fun with the guys.

Wrong on the name,but it doesn't matter... what is funny is that is guy they should've canned and KEPT the other.:hysterical::hysterical: AH the memories,,,, and some were even good. :hysterical:

No harm done, if you get over to the parts side at all, I'll pm you my name and you can have some fun with the guys.

meaning r&l parts????? if so yes i'm in there at least once a week