XPO | GXO

Just look at this website and the videos on it and look at the technology that XPO has…is any of this filtering in to LTL …I mean this shiznit looks just like Amazon yet we at LTL look like we’re in the dark ages but were the Same company

Just look at this website and the videos on it and look at the technology that XPO has…is any of this filtering in to LTL …I mean this shiznit looks just like Amazon yet we at LTL look like we’re in the dark ages but were the Same company
I personally think that it’s a way of selling stock for the most part.

Brad Jacobs never intended to run a trucking company. All he wanted was Menlo..he called it the “crown jewel” in an interview during the takeover. Truckload is long gone now and the logistics side is spun off. Won’t be long until we get sold off.
Respectfully ,I think there’s more to it than that.

Last edited:

Kinda like folks felt at CF. Crap going on but kept in the dark. Stay on top of it as best as possible.

According to what I read, GXO will only deal w/ the logistics, ( ware house management etc), no transportation services being rendered. That will still be with xpo logistics. Basically GXO will be doing what Menlo did under Con-way’s umbrella.
xpo logistics currently claims that it is the 2nd largest contract logistics provider in the world. I googled the www to see who is #1 in contract logistics and couldn’t get a straight answer who is. Soooo, does anybody out the have a definitive answer as to who is #1?

xpo logistics currently claims that it is the 2nd largest contract logistics provider in the world. I googled the www to see who is #1 in contract logistics and couldn’t get a straight answer who is. Soooo, does anybody out the have a definitive answer as to who is #1?
Xpo claims a bunch of stuff . You have to sort through BS sales hype . The end game is the share price.

It's with good reason he ain't spent a plug nickel on Con-way. You good and well know it.

Brad Jacobs never intended to run a trucking company. All he wanted was Menlo..he called it the “crown jewel” in an interview during the takeover. Truckload is long gone now and the logistics side is spun off. Won’t be long until we get sold off.

Exactly. Probably sell off the last mile first. There have been several interested in that. Then the brokerage. Won't need that anymore. Will leave cartage and LTL. How long will that survive ? Could make a deal to sell off the European LTL first. There have been a bunch of issues with government oversight and regulation. Just whittle it down until it's gone. Piece by piece. Could get interesting. As far as where what ends up and when.

Respectfully ,I think there’s more to it than that.

Hardly. He hit the nail in the head. Fulfillment through e-commerce exploded. As well as reverse logistics. Go back and re-watch those interviews. The money he has made off the 3PL has been fantastic.

C.H. Robinson Based on 2019 numbers. 5 second google search.

I am looking forward to buying GXO stock. I made a LOT of money off of Con-Way Freight stock ( and all I ever purchased was $20 a week for years )

I've never thought it made good sense to invest in XPO stock ( given what we can see up close )
Isn't Xpo stock up a bunch since it was first issued?

I am looking forward to buying GXO stock. I made a LOT of money off of Con-Way Freight stock ( and all I ever purchased was $20 a week for years )

I've never thought it made good sense to invest in XPO stock ( given what we can see up close )
XPO STOCK up $50 since June 2020

2003 XPO Stock was $5.20 a share, today, $139.00 a share.
XPO STOCK up $50 since June 2020
It made sense to get in on the bottom with XPO stock. ( Buy low sell high ) , but , from what we can see close up , I imagine that I missed my opportunity with XPO.

Remember , I'm no expert and your choices have to fit your circumstances.

Using what I can see , I would think GXO has a lot more upside since it will be purely logistics with little hard assets ( trucks , trailers , buildings, etc... )

Heard somewhere that one’s current xpo stock shares will be split between both GXO and xpo logistics when the spin off occurs later this year. Is there any truth to that, or am just dreaming this up?