ABF | Happy Memorial Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Be safe and enjoy the day with family and friends. And thank you to all who served in the armed forces. Let us not forget that this day is in honor of those who served and sacrificed for our country.

:usa:

Too many people just think of this day as a day off work & "Memorial Day Sales". I am afraid that not enough history is being taught to our young people. Not many know or appreciate the sacrifice of those who gave their lives for the freedom they take for granted. Without the sacrifice of "The Greatest Generation" this country would be a slave nation. I will be going to Memorial Day services this afternoon & I will salute the flag of the greatest nation ever. It would do every citizen good to visit a cemetery & take note of the headstones of brave men who paid the price for our freedom & prosperity.
It hurts me & makes me very angry to be at an event where the National Anthem is played & see people with no appreciation refuse to acknowledge the flag. Many are here illegally & living a free life. I think my blood pressure jumped just thinking about it.