Yellow | Harrisburg Hiring but aren't there layoffs???

ltlloveaffair

TB Lurker
Credits
There is a job posting for a linehaul driver in Harrisburg, PA. I thought I read on here people are laid off there. Is this ad for real? I got a buddy that lives near there and he asked my opinion(I don't work for roadway so I'll ask you, my buddy is computer free and can't use one). If anyone knows if they are hiring for linehaul please let me know so I can pass the information on.

If you are hiring there please give me some details like how many miles the average runs are for new drivers and the pay and how long out. All that fun stuff. Thanks in advance guys.

According to the Roadway Your Way web site, they are hiring in Harrisburg and Tannersville.Plus other positions throughout Pa.:smilie_132:

There is a job posting for a linehaul driver in Harrisburg, PA. I thought I read on here people are laid off there. Is this ad for real? I got a buddy that lives near there and he asked my opinion(I don't work for roadway so I'll ask you, my buddy is computer free and can't use one). If anyone knows if they are hiring for linehaul please let me know so I can pass the information on.

If you are hiring there please give me some details like how many miles the average runs are for new drivers and the pay and how long out. All that fun stuff. Thanks in advance guys.

Hiring:1036316054:......Sounds great dont it!!!!!!
In all this confusion and cut throat smoke and mirrors they are indeed coming up short on workers..lol...WELL GO FIGURE.
Tell your friend that if he is ready for the long struggle to the top and mentaly conditioned for frustration like he has never seen before He cant really make a better choice for employment. Going to be a tough couple of years though before he really gets his foot firmly in the door.
Be ready for the casual and percentage worker status here and keep smiling and deal with it.once you are free of that there is indeed a great future here.
Working line haul for the breakbulks is probably where he will find the work at the moment.
He will have to be ready to give up on life as he knew it!
Will be on call 24-7 until he has 6 trips in for the week.
He will have little choice of where he goes being on the bottom of the extra board but I can promise you he will make his way around the system and fill his pockets.
Be ready to make money while the freight is hot cause when things slow down there is always the threat of lay-offs for the first couple of years.
Road trips are usually either a daily turn wich will bring you back home for the night or a day out within a 600 mile radius of the start point where they will put you in a hotel for 10 hours then start you off for home.On occasion you can be double beded and may be out for over 3 days.
Good pay!.....good bennefits....a safe pension,and a union to make it all secure! If he can deal with the initial frustration and play the game by the union rules,we all welcome him to the sweatlocker and wish him the best cause his future here will insure ours! GOOD LUCK to you.

also hiring in winston-salem 671

with this most recent coo, they layed off 29 drivers, 20 dock and 4 switchers.....now if you go on Roadway's web sight there is a posting for hiring casual linehaul drivers here.....in the meantime they have brought NO ONE back from layoff status, and continue to work these guys 40+ hrs a week....remember, as long as their "laid off", the company doesn't have to pay sick time, vacation time ect.....it's a win-win for Roadway....they get a full time workforce, flexibility, and don't have to pay out the bennies.....PUT THESE GUYS BACK ON if you're going to use them.....let them have the benefits that they are putting the hours in for.....how about our "union" putting some pressure on the company? YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! the g-man:red_bandana:

laid off

You can use vacation time in lieu, take your name off the sign up sheet for the week and they have to pay the vacation week. No sick days but benefits if you get three days a week!

You can use vacation time in lieu, take your name off the sign up sheet for the week and they have to pay the vacation week. No sick days but benefits if you get three days a week!
hey blondie, I could be mistaken, but I believe it depends on your supplements....I think here in w/s you cannot take vacation time if you'r:red_bandana:e technically laid off....:red_bandana:

g-man you can take a week at a time you cant break it up or get your sick days though

Yep........longblade is right. A laid off man can use his vacation a week at a time. He gets paid for 45 straight hours with no benefits.

Sick paid days can only be used when put back on full time. Once he is put back on regular and works one day, he then qualifys for 5 sick paid days. If he is again laid off and hasn't used all 5 days by December 31, he will be paid out for his remaining days. DS.