XPO | Have you seen it?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
I've been here several years at Con-Way and have seen many rule changes. I've heard about new rules and I've followed "new rules". My questions : Is there an actual rule book? Has ANYONE seen it? Is it like air where you can't see it but you know it's there? WTF? - We hand out hats , calanders , toy trucks , shirts , food , hell even books ABOUT the history of Con-Way. Why not a rule book? Is that too much to ask for?:ranting:

I've been here several years at Con-Way and have seen many rule changes. I've heard about new rules and I've followed "new rules". My questions : Is there an actual rule book? Has ANYONE seen it? Is it like air where you can't see it but you know it's there? WTF? - We hand out hats , calanders , toy trucks , shirts , food , hell even books ABOUT the history of Con-Way. Why not a rule book? Is that too much to ask for?:ranting:

I have seen it. There is a policy book in your Personel Supervisors office our your TMs, depending on the size of your barn. You can look at it all you want but you can't take it with you and you cannot take notes. By the way, the President of the company has the authority to change policy for any reason at any time. Good luck driver.

Remember, there is policy and then there is procedure. Policy doesn't change as often as some think. Often it comes down to the local manager's interpretation of policy as needed toward any specific situation occurring in his building. This interpretation is procedure. The manager interprets policy and communicates this to his supervisors as procedure. Now if you are managed by micro-managing knee-jerk Bob... well then, good luck with that.

They are too scared someone will bend em over if they gave out copies. So much useless information and redundant rules are thrown at us that there is no way anyone can remember it all......just the way Con-way likes it. If you cant dazzle em with brilliance baffle them with BS

They will Not be held accountable, when ever possible.

Yeah, a real example in chickenshit leadership............

they are afraid that if they are sued you will win. management protection because it is a interpretation by the management.

There used to be a policy book in each terminal to be read only under supervision. It is now online and can only be accessed through your managers terminal under supervison. Try taking a copy of that!

Remember, there is policy and then there is procedure. Policy doesn't change as often as some think. Often it comes down to the local manager's interpretation of policy as needed toward any specific situation occurring in his building. This interpretation is procedure. The manager interprets policy and communicates this to his supervisors as procedure. Now if you are managed by micro-managing knee-jerk Bob... well then, good luck with that.

they are afraid that if they are sued you will win. management protection because it is a interpretation by the management.

Situational ethics at its finest....

From a company that trumpets 'integrity' as one of its core values....

Ummm!!!...don't think so...and neither do they...they just want you to swallow when so directed...

Rat