ODFL | Haz-Mat and scales

Beeman

TB Lurker
Credits
I have the pleasure of driving thru VA quite often. Even though we have pre-pass and I get the green light sometimes, if I have haz-mat I always roll thru the scales as per their law. I see many trucks by pass the scales altogether with haz-mat and wonder how much the fine would be if caught. VA is just one of the states with this rule, I know AZ is another. Anyone ever hear of somebody getting caught for this?

In Ohio signs before the scales read "any combination vehicle or 5 ton must enter" and another reads all Haz Mat placarded vehicles must enter. In my opinion we have to pull in the Ohio scales no matter if we get a green light or not. Please correct me if Im wrong.

According to the Pre-Pass website, in Virginia, you are allowed to bypass the scales while hauling haz-mat. Be careful out there driver!

Green,means go,drivers.

Not always.
Here's the link on restrictions:
PrePass

Evidently Virginia has changed their's. my older Pre-Pass sheet shows VA with the haz-mat restriction that green or not Haz-Mat rolled thru. Check the restrictions as there are still states that require you to roll thru.

VA still frowns upon overweight as I got another over on an axle ticket this week, only 2100 over on the drives.

Much like the cdl license was made for,this prepass is going right along with it with these different rules and regulations in various states and nothing is uniform like it is supposed to be and designed to do.Thanks for the link Beeman.

hazmat

mrt told us several months ago that it was a 100 dollar fine for bypassing va scale with hazmat several turn drivers got hit as for az. was told by the girl in the both who checks permits if you get a green light don't pull in even if you have hazmat unless they have the electronic boad saying all hazmat enter