ABF | Haz mat problems

every company has safety men with their spin on safety. Ex highway patrolmen don't necessarily mean they know hazmat. just accidents and safer driving. also companies hire low paid people to preach safety that actually know nothing about it, also place people in positions to fill in computerized forms for accidents. The real fact is, when really needed its law firms that specialize in this area that dig ABF out of its issues. typical money bomb, over managed, over salaried company.

Oh yeah? Well...see...I'm a fart smeller and I would apply the right placards right over the wrong ones and it solves two problems. 1) Next guy gets to deal with it (aint' I nice?) 2) Voila wrong placards are now proper placards. he he he
A fart smeller? Ok, I will by that, but, if said fart smeller were to inhale to much gas from said trailer, would the placards be ‘Inhalation Hazard’? Just wondering. Von.

PS. No way in the world I am gonna let this one pass.

Last edited:
A fart smeller? Ok, I will by that, but, if said fart smeller were to inhale to much gas from said trailer, would the placards be ‘Inhalation Hazard’? Just wondering. Von.

PS. No way in the world I am gonna let this one pass.
No, the placard would read 'Enter at your own risk'.

Oh yeah? Well...see...I'm a fart smeller and I would apply the right placards right over the wrong ones and it solves two problems. 1) Next guy gets to deal with it (aint' I nice?) 2) Voila wrong placards are now proper placards. he he he
sounds like a plan to me.:1036316054:

Or : "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter"......We have that one on our outhouse door......

Hope that outhouse is nowhere near that rail siding behind your terminal you mentioned. If so, do you have Compressed Gas or Flammable Gas placards fixed to all 4 sides of said outhouse? You might need them in an emergency. Or maybe ‘No smoking within 25 feet” signs? Or, a signup sheet mounted on a pole 100 yards from said outhouse. That way they can ID the remains after the explosion. Von.

They lost a lot of control because of taking all the billing to Dayton. Not just in Haz Mat like we have discussed but in so many other ways. + You are still paying someone to image the bills & fax them. 35 grand for health & welfare + 45 grand in wages each year & that is what they save by eliminating 1 billing position in each barn. * 200 terminals add up to a lot of money saved but how much do you lose by consolidating those positions? Can anyone think of the things you have lost by not having that clerk in you terminal based on what Dayton does now? von
But are they paying that? Do all those bills we fax every night really go to Dayton?
Just a thought I had one night while talking to our one person left working in the office at night.

But are they paying that? Do all those bills we fax every night really go to Dayton?
Just a thought I had one night while talking to our one person left working in the office at night.
Back when it happened there was talk some or all of the billers in Columbus OH were non-union. Never did find out.