FedEx Freight | Hazmat App?

jjquarterhorse

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey, all ... Is there an app out there or a website that you can enter your hazmat UNs and weights and have it tell you what placards you need?

I heard about such a website some time ago, but I can't find anything in a google search.

Thanks!

Not to switch the subject....even though the above concern and idea would be very useful. But how does a driver go about getting their refund for the Tsa/Hazmat fee through the company? Maybe I'm wrong on this but doesn't the company refund u????

I know there an app on iTunes also the test very usefull when its time to renew. As far as rembursment I can't remember if they do anymore I wanna say yes. ???

Hey, all ... Is there an app out there or a website that you can enter your hazmat UNs and weights and have it tell you what placards you need?

I heard about such a website some time ago, but I can't find anything in a google search.

Thanks!

It is called a knowledgeable dispatcher.

I thought it was called being a professional driver. Your livelihood depends on your license. Might be advantageous to learn this stuff.

I thought it was called being a professional driver. Your livelihood depends on your license. Might be advantageous to learn this stuff.
He could be a dock supervisor. My route trailer was placarded for the class 2 secondary hazard class on a shipment in the trailer. Close.....

Not to switch the subject....even though the above concern and idea would be very useful. But how does a driver go about getting their refund for the Tsa/Hazmat fee through the company? Maybe I'm wrong on this but doesn't the company refund u????

give the receipt to SCM. Just did mine a month ago. They gave me back the 85 dollars.Took about three weeks to get it back.

Sounds like Yellows old computer system. After the merger and it was gone ,most dockworkers and some supervisors, where I was at, were lost when it came to hazmat.

Here is the only web site you need. Know this information well because when you are on the side of the road, it's your name on the ticket.

When you're upside down, your rescue may depend on you having the right placards on the trailer.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/tex...&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title49/49cfr177_main_02.tpl

There is a nice app called cargo decoder that will let you enter the UN number and it will tell you what it is and the emergency response info for that item.

Guardrail-Xoomin'

Wow! This thread is scary.. No wonder they are buying all automatics with questions like this

No! What is scary is the number of times I've received trailer packets that have gone across the country stapled together with an industrial stapler that had really messed up hazmat paperwork or placarding issues. You need to check your stuff people!

Yup, 1800 miles, 6+ drivers and there's no way they could have looked at the bills with the 12 pounds of iron holding it together.

Don't trust the red sheet either, someone else did the figuring on that one too. Are you willing to risk your CDL banking on the fact that Joe Redshirt knows his hazmat?

Guardrail

All I had to do was give a copy of my reciept to the ccm/scm and my letter saying I was not a threat...and it was on my check....