ABF | He shuffled off to...Rochester?

ABF381

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
Credits
My (former) manager recently left and did he ever leave a mess for the new manager....he was informed more than six months ago that a driver was retiring in July..he knew that another driver was going out for hernia surgery at the beginning of April (3 months ago he knew)...and there is someone on vacation every week in May....he has hired no casuals....so the smart thing to do would have been to run an ad for a full time driver to start in April so we are covered...he wouldn't do that...even with the urging of the steward and the afternoon supervisor... he said it wasn't necessary...he finally reluctantly started an ad after the driver went out, and after it was sent in to inforoundtable (and the afternoon supervisor pleaded with him again as she did every day for a month).....now we have people running out of hours, missing pick ups (we missed two pickups on Friday that were also missed thursday, that's just on one run that I know of)....I do know of other missed pickups earlier in the week also...... I think he did it on purpose since he is one of the most arrogant people I have ever met, he can sit back and say "it was good when I left." when the regional VP asks him. Sometimes he is very simplistic with his thoughts, that he didn't think that it will be easy to figure out, he just thought he would make the new manager look bad and him look good....of course if anyone were to be this much of a bonehead on the union side they would get a letter...

Last edited:
My (former) manager recently left and did he ever leave a mess for the new manager....he was informed more than six months ago that a driver was retiring in July..he knew that another driver was going out for hernia surgery at the beginning of April (3 months ago he knew)...and there is someone on vacation every week in May....he has hired no casuals....so the smart thing to do would have been to run an ad for a full time driver to start in April so we are covered...he wouldn't do that...even with the urging of the steward and the afternoon supervisor... he said it wasn't necessary...he finally reluctantly started an ad after the driver went out, and after it was sent in to inforoundtable (and the afternoon supervisor pleaded with him again as she did every day for a month).....now we have people running out of hours, missing pick ups (we missed two pickups on Friday that were also missed thursday, that's just on one run that I know of)....I do know of other missed pickups earlier in the week also...... I think he did it on purpose since he is one of the most arrogant people I have ever met, he can sit back and say "it was good when I left." when the regional VP asks him. Sometimes he is very simplistic with his thoughts, that he didn't think that it will be easy to figure out, he just thought he would make the new manager look bad and him look good....of course if anyone were to be this much of a bonehead on the union side they would get a letter...
At least the place will smell better without him!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Is he moving on to manage the Scranton terminal? He would fit right in at NP.

sleeping-on-the-beach.jpg

What? You 2 bastards aren’t working today?

That's the way the ball bounces when you don't have a manager like Blade.

Update for this week at my barn....more missed pickups and deliveries, as guys didn't have enough hours to get them....we missed one customer four days in a row......we missed a very big customer yesterday for this reason....and these are just some of the ones that I know of...great job Josh!!!!!...

Update for this week at my barn....more missed pickups and deliveries, as guys didn't have enough hours to get them....we missed one customer four days in a row......we missed a very big customer yesterday for this reason....and these are just some of the ones that I know of...great job Josh!!!!!...
Do you need me to fly up there from Florida? I know the area.:tr10driving03:
:lmao:

Update....more missed pick ups...one is 5 days in a row (unless we got it today)....our (likely) biggest customer is thinking of kicking us out...at one time I was told it was ABFs biggest customer in the Northeast, all due to they eliminated 2nd shift and my former TM was told of this problem and he refused to spend the money on tools we would need to properly pick this freight up (electric pallet jack)....one of our competitors got 17k lbs of freight yesterday because they supplied the driver with the proper equipment.....good job Josh...