Yellow | Health and Welfare / Pensions UPS / FREIGHT

wild deuce

TB Veteran
Credits
HELLO. When UPS pulled out of the Central States Pension Fund to take care of their own pension fund like Enron does (oops...did), did anyone get the feeling...like I did...that this was the beginning of the end for the rest of us? (I mean those of us who aren't UPS or UPS Freight). Well. it's not the end, but if we don't get off our duffs and start organizing again it might be. Let's start with Glenn Moore and YRCL. If you're so happy with the way things are going now fine. But. I'm not. I'm not asking for more money. I'm not asking for more health and welfare. I'm only asking for more teamster strength in the form of more membership. Glenn Moore and YRCL, if you want to be a part of the team you have to earn it like we did. DO NOT RIDE ON OUR COAT TAILS. RIDE ON OUR HORSES WITH US!!!!!

I think now I would rather have a company match 401K then the pension. They keep changing the rules on retirement whenever the stock market does bad. Well what about when it does good? I guess we have to eat whatever the pension fund feeds us.:mfight: