hello is anyone here

did nemf drivers abandon the forum jeez i think im the only one left

Did the men on layoff get called back yet? Did they resolve the problem of Carrier & Eastern doing NEMF's work while your men sit at home? Were the NEMF drivers compensated for the lost work?

rumor has it

I heard today that all layed off drivers are back. as for resolving the carrier ... eastern thing , that will never get resolved ... if a load is available then its going to carrier or eastern .... even with nemf drivers layed off !!

i used to

yep, i used to work for this scumbag outfit. i worked out of terminal 02....

if you guys do work for nemf, then you know where term 02 is located. i left there in september of 2005. i had worked my way up to the number 3 spot in linehaul. they started screwing with me.

i had senority, and yet, the "newbies" were getting all the easy runs from 02 to 01 and back. nemf central dispatch seemed to think i wanted to do a layover (or two) to wit i said, no "F" ing way....

they sent me on my "usual 02 to 01 run one night, then as i was on I-95 southbound near the connecticut stateline, central dispatch "Ray" called me and said to go to Philly with that laod instead, and to be there by 2 AM or he can't guarantee me a trip home.

i told him, "i don't do layovers".

he said "hurry up then".

i knew i wasn't going to make it there by that time, thanks to connecticut traffic, the gw bridge, etc,etc.

i turned that truck around, drove back to 02, and went home "sick".......

i quit about 4 weeks later.

by the way, before all this crap happened, i was with them 6.5 years........

wasted my life for those jerks.

oh yeah, the reason why i'm responding here:

carrier and eastern get "carte-blanche" from the owner, Mr Myron (mike) S.......didn't you know that....??

at one time, i was doing the 02 to 56 (newburg) is that 56, or is it 52, i can't remeber now, but anyhow, there would be gaggles of carier guys waiting for loads back to 02, and i would have to go to so.plainfield, or eliz. sometimes, i would have to go to some place in "Orange"? for a pick-up then down to eliz.....

wass up with dat.....????

anyhow, i am free from them 2 years now...........feels good...........

Did the men on layoff get called back yet? Did they resolve the problem of Carrier & Eastern doing NEMF's work while your men sit at home? Were the NEMF drivers compensated for the lost work?

yes/no/not thru nemf

yep, i used to work for this scumbag outfit. i worked out of terminal 02....

if you guys do work for nemf, then you know where term 02 is located. i left there in september of 2005. i had worked my way up to the number 3 spot in linehaul. they started screwing with me.

i had senority, and yet, the "newbies" were getting all the easy runs from 02 to 01 and back. nemf central dispatch seemed to think i wanted to do a layover (or two) to wit i said, no "F" ing way....

they sent me on my "usual 02 to 01 run one night, then as i was on I-95 southbound near the connecticut stateline, central dispatch "Ray" called me and said to go to Philly with that laod instead, and to be there by 2 AM or he can't guarantee me a trip home.

i told him, "i don't do layovers".

he said "hurry up then".

i knew i wasn't going to make it there by that time, thanks to connecticut traffic, the gw bridge, etc,etc.

i turned that truck around, drove back to 02, and went home "sick".......

i quit about 4 weeks later.

by the way, before all this crap happened, i was with them 6.5 years........

wasted my life for those jerks.

oh yeah, the reason why i'm responding here:

carrier and eastern get "carte-blanche" from the owner, Mr Myron (mike) S.......didn't you know that....??

at one time, i was doing the 02 to 56 (newburg) is that 56, or is it 52, i can't remeber now, but anyhow, there would be gaggles of carier guys waiting for loads back to 02, and i would have to go to so.plainfield, or eliz. sometimes, i would have to go to some place in "Orange"? for a pick-up then down to eliz.....

wass up with dat.....????

anyhow, i am free from them 2 years now...........feels good...........

Exactly why Linehaul doesn't have my cell phone number :)

56 is Albany, 52 is Newburgh

line hauls phone

i made the mistake of giving them my cell phone number. but since i had the number changed no probs here:hide:

carrier is the golden child of the shevell group..as a p&d driver from newburgh i see it everyday since carrier has about 25 of nemf trailers at the fishkill carrier site when we have no empty's at newburgh plus being a break bulk terminal...

No law says you have to answer the phone or are required to have one for their company use.

it was a company nextel phone. one time, i didn't answer it. when i got down to 01, the guy that was in charge of linehaul (i forgot his name) was there that night observing things. he asked me why i didn't answer the phone, i told him the batteries were dead. he took my phone, turned it on, and lo-and behold, by some unforseen miracle, the batteries WEREN'T DEAD..

who would have thought that the phone was turned off.......?? certainly, not me of course.

i was "wrote up" for this nonsense. so, from that day on, since it was a company phone, i had to answer it.

so, they never had MY cell phone number.

I drove for NEMF back in 2000. It was ok. The drivers were good and easy to get along with. I peddle Boston and Quincy. I worked for alot worse than NEMF.

I drove for NEMF back in 2000. It was ok. The drivers were good and easy to get along with. I peddle Boston and Quincy. I worked for alot worse than NEMF.

Yup, in 2000 it was a very good job!!!!!!

it was a company nextel phone. one time, i didn't answer it. when i got down to 01, the guy that was in charge of linehaul (i forgot his name) was there that night observing things. he asked me why i didn't answer the phone, i told him the batteries were dead. he took my phone, turned it on, and lo-and behold, by some unforseen miracle, the batteries WEREN'T DEAD..

who would have thought that the phone was turned off.......?? certainly, not me of course.

i was "wrote up" for this nonsense. so, from that day on, since it was a company phone, i had to answer it.

so, they never had MY cell phone number.

Oh alright. Well I'm glad they don't give me a phone then :)