XPO | Hello, new here

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
I'm the wife of a Conway driver and I'm tired of his griping about how the company has gone from down home and caring to :nutkick:
Sometimes when he calls me while driving I get the feeling that he's about to explode after finding out some new crap is going down at work.

I know it's too much to hope for the old Conway to come back so here I am, to let off MY steam after hearing my husband gripe for hours (sometimes it feels like it's hours). Where do they get the upper management from? The College of Stupidity?

We are hanging there as long as possible, the 20 year mark is just around a couple of corners.

Oh and one question: was the rule of 85 ever the rule of 77 or 76 or whatever?

file greviance

I'm the wife of a Conway driver and I'm tired of his griping about how the company has gone from down home and caring to :nutkick:
Sometimes when he calls me while driving I get the feeling that he's about to explode after finding out some new crap is going down at work.

I know it's too much to hope for the old Conway to come back so here I am, to let off MY steam after hearing my husband gripe for hours (sometimes it feels like it's hours). Where do they get the upper management from? The College of Stupidity?

We are hanging there as long as possible, the 20 year mark is just around a couple of corners.

Wait he can't file a greviance, their nonunion (DUH)!

Welcome, I really can't answer your question in depth but the only thing i can tell you is to just listen to him and encourage him. I sometimes think not only Con-Way but alot of other ltl companies don't realize that our jobs are also hard on our families. It not only takes teamwork with our fellow dsr's but our team at home (Wife and kids) My Wife prepares my lunch and irons my uniforms so i can sleep a little longer therefore i give better production on the job. My kids (now this is where it hurts) are young and don't understand why Dad has to be gone all the time and only sees them long enough to pat them on the head and say "Daddy loves You" and walks out again. Last week when i left the house my 7 year old asked me to throw the ball with him and i said "not now maybe, this weekend" and left for work and the whole time i watched him in my rear view mirror watch me drive away. A few minutes latter that old song cats in the craddle came on the radio. Talk about an eye opener.
So, we all have our issues and reasons for the jobs we take. Con-Way does not hold a gun to my head and i realize i work for another man and there are gonna be those buttheads but i have certain goals as everyone should have that keep me hangin in there. It's not that bad. It is what it is and what you do with it that makes the diffrence.
Thanks, to all the Wives that help keep this Con-Way boat afloat:smilie_132::1036316054:

Great Post, Roadrage.

I know it is hard but listen to him. Be that soft touch and tell him things are going to get better. I know my wife is tired of my complaining, but she will sit and listen and when I stop to take a breath, she'll give me hug or a kiss and began to reassure me that everything is going to be alright.

It is a stressful job, with pressures and sometimes my wife is the only one I can express myself too.

Best of luck

I know we can't give too much information but things have happened on the job lately that shouldn't have. I know he can talk to some of the other drivers and I try very hard to listen. But then I don't have anyone to go to for my frustration because I want to be strong for him.
I make sure he gets to sleep until the last minute and get everything ready for him, all he has to do is get ready and head out for work. I tease him some to help with the burden.
I realize it's hard to talk on here with EYES watching. I've been on another board like that.
I just want somewhere to scream YOU HAVE A GOOD MAN THAT GIVES 200% BECAUSE HE WANTS TO AND YOU SCREW HIM EVERY CHANCE YOU GET!!
Anyway I can shoot them the bird on here? :D

My family goes way back in trucking business and I know how the trucker can get the bad end of the deal. The things I've overheard my parents talking about. My dad working for months OTR without coming home and very little pay.

It's eerie to read on here things that are happening elsewhere is happening as well at our terminal. You gotta wonder why they would mess with a winning formula and made this company the thing it's become today? A job without pride.

I can help!

I know we can't give too much information but things have happened on the job lately that shouldn't have. I know he can talk to some of the other drivers and I try very hard to listen. But then I don't have anyone to go to for my frustration because I want to be strong for him.
I make sure he gets to sleep until the last minute and get everything ready for him, all he has to do is get ready and head out for work. I tease him some to help with the burden.
I realize it's hard to talk on here with EYES watching. I've been on another board like that.
I just want somewhere to scream YOU HAVE A GOOD MAN THAT GIVES 200% BECAUSE HE WANTS TO AND YOU SCREW HIM EVERY CHANCE YOU GET!!

My family goes way back in trucking business and I know how the trucker can get the bad end of the deal. The things I've overheard my parents talking about. My dad working for months OTR without coming home and very little pay.

It's eerie to read on here things that are happening elsewhere is happening as well at our terminal. You gotta wonder why they would mess with a winning formula and made this company the thing it's become today? A job without pride.

If you'd like, I can come by the house when he goes on his line haul run and you can talk to me and get your frustration out. Just let me know, Im here to help out our fellow (team mates) drivers.

SickandTired........um....no thanks. Talking on the board while my husband is gone is fine with me. No need to 'come by' especially since you live miles away!

Hi, and welcome to the b1tch boards. I have to come here because my wife tells me to shut-up about it, says it's not gonna change things. So I've started looking for the origins of the problem. Conway is only a symtom of a much larger sickness {check out the politics section of the boards}. You sound like you treat him well, I'm sure he appreciates it. Only advise I could give is...try and not add fuel to the fire and occassionally remind him of the benefits of working here. I always say we spend most of our adult life at work so we may as well try to enjoy the peole we work with, if we can do that it helps ease the pain of the BS. Oh, one more thing, I realize there are some a-hole supervisors as well as drivers, for that matter, but it helps me to try and remember they've got someone on their a$$ too.

Darn drivers :D

Well, IF I had any doubts about being on a trucker's board, I sure don't now!! LOL!!

Geesh, is it built into trucker genes to flirt?? Ya'll are rotten :hysterical: My granddad, dad, husband, son in law & his dad/brother are all truckers. Thank goodness my son isn't!! :D

I try to treat my LH driver pretty good but problem is now he's SPOILT.

I do what I can to listen and stay calm. I agree with him and tell him retirement is around the cornerso he won't have to worry too much longer about it (hopefully). I don't know if I'll be able to handle him being home 24/7. You know how truckers are around women......I'll have to :chairshot: to keep him in line! I'll either have to go to work or else get him another job. :D

I do not know you or your husband, but he can retire if he is 56 years and 2 months old, and find a job that is better on him and you. You can pm me and I will tell you and him how to go about it. I was with Con-way for 23 years untill I was fired, ( long story ), for being a thorn in there side, because of what they were doing. If you want you can go back and read my posts on the boards. I will be home for a day, before I go back out ( my planning, not the company that I work for), and I will check the mail before I leave. Your husband has to make his mind up on which battles he wants to fight and which ones he wants to leave alone. I myself, loves a good fight, and I still fighting even after the company thought they have gotten rid of a problem. Do not take this the wrong way, I fight for the working people, and the ones that see what the company is doing under everyones nose. I am not looking for fame or fortune, and my agenda is that this be taught in the business and law classes, this is not what you do to hard working people.:USA::USA::USA:

damn it beerfed !!! you know the rules...only flirt with city dsr's wifes...two demerits and you have to buy the beer at the next meeting.:nutkick:
City drivers' wives aren't as good lookin' as the line haul drivers' wives and I always end up buying all the beer everywhere I go.

:hide: I still have my 1987 Employee Benefits Book, and the rule of 85 is stated in it. :smilie_132:

welcome to the bi#$hing boards mrs wife.:1036316054:

Well, IF I had any doubts about being on a trucker's board, I sure don't now!! LOL!!

Geesh, is it built into trucker genes to flirt?? Ya'll are rotten :hysterical: My granddad, dad, husband, son in law & his dad/brother are all truckers. Thank goodness my son isn't!! :D

I try to treat my LH driver pretty good but problem is now he's SPOILT.

I do what I can to listen and stay calm. I agree with him and tell him retirement is around the cornerso he won't have to worry too much longer about it (hopefully). I don't know if I'll be able to handle him being home 24/7. You know how truckers are around women......I'll have to :chairshot: to keep him in line! I'll either have to go to work or else get him another job. :D
Oh darlin' , Teach him how to fish. to me that's the best stress reliever or cure to bordem. shoot, no wonder I'm so uptight, I haven't been in years

Oh darlin' , Teach him how to fish. to me that's the best stress reliever or cure to bordem. shoot, no wonder I'm so uptight, I haven't been in years

He goes out in the backyard and shoots deer. I couldn't believe it, he came in and asked me to help him with it...?? Guess living in the country has some good points, huh? I can tell you another way he tries to relieve stress :D

Welcome, I really can't answer your question in depth but the only thing i can tell you is to just listen to him and encourage him. I sometimes think not only Con-Way but alot of other ltl companies don't realize that our jobs are also hard on our families. It not only takes teamwork with our fellow dsr's but our team at home (Wife and kids) My Wife prepares my lunch and irons my uniforms so i can sleep a little longer therefore i give better production on the job. My kids (now this is where it hurts) are young and don't understand why Dad has to be gone all the time and only sees them long enough to pat them on the head and say "Daddy loves You" and walks out again. Last week when i left the house my 7 year old asked me to throw the ball with him and i said "not now maybe, this weekend" and left for work and the whole time i watched him in my rear view mirror watch me drive away. A few minutes latter that old song cats in the craddle came on the radio. Talk about an eye opener.
So, we all have our issues and reasons for the jobs we take. Con-Way does not hold a gun to my head and i realize i work for another man and there are gonna be those buttheads but i have certain goals as everyone should have that keep me hangin in there. It's not that bad. It is what it is and what you do with it that makes the diffrence.
Thanks, to all the Wives that help keep this Con-Way boat afloat:smilie_132::1036316054:

Hey roadrage, good post! Not just con-way but any other ltl linehaul driver goes through the same! Thanks!!:1036316054:

I also do the getting him ready before waking him. Lots of times water for bath runned, clothes laid out, food brought to him in bed and sometimes I change out the stuff in his pants. At night I record all of his shows, cut out as many commercials as I can and then have the remote ready for him when he gets in so he can unwind by watching tv. :1036316054: