FedEx Freight | Hemorrhaging People

dsh69

TB Regular
Credits
Constant stream of supervisors leaving. Some drivers. No idea of dock workers although the local FedEx Ground is now offering $22.00 an hour for package handlers AND their dock is heated in Winter. Way more than we start our dock at.

Freight needs to step-up or we're gonna be left behind.

Anybody else seeing these sort of numbers?

Last edited:
I've moved up 12 spots in a year. That's not counting the people under me that left. In the last year my barn has fired 6 or 7 full-time dock workers and hasn't replaced them. COVID made a bunch of part-time workers not return. A lot of the supervisors in my barn have transferred out, I don't think any have quit but I could be wrong.

I've moved up 12 spots in a year. That's not counting the people under me that left. In the last year my barn has fired 6 or 7 full-time dock workers and hasn't replaced them. COVID made a bunch of part-time workers not return. A lot of the supervisors in my barn have transferred out, I don't think any have quit but I could be wrong.
I "heard" we're short about 12 dock and I know of three road that have quit. Maybe four or five city in the past few months.

The one hub I’ve been running to has gone thru 4 supervisors in less than a year. It’s a local management problem. Countless dock workers have come and gone. At one point there was a cop in the parking lot because a guy that got canned threatened the assistant SCM. It’s a sh*t show to say the least.

The one hub I’ve been running to has gone thru 4 supervisors in less than a year. It’s a local management problem. Countless dock workers have come and gone. At one point there was a cop in the parking lot because a guy that got canned threatened the assistant SCM. It’s a sh*t show to say the least.
Centers have great autonomy on how they conduct operations. I think our center does a great job. It's just that FXF is now falling behind. Salary pay is lagging, raises for hourly have been severely curtailed since the first year Trump came into office and Road pay raises have been in the toilet. Yes, we've been getting bonuses but our raises have been cancelled out by the rise in healthcare cost. The chickens are starting to come home to roost

Constant stream of supervisors leaving. Some drivers. No idea of dock workers although the local FedEx Ground is now offering $22.00 an hour for package handlers AND their dock is heated in Winter. Way more than we start our dock at.

Guy at one of my stops said he just quit fxf after 6 years as a supervisor. Said they went thru 4 terminal managers in that time.

Centers have great autonomy on how they conduct operations. I think our center does a great job. It's just that FXF is now falling behind. Salary pay is lagging, raises for hourly have been severely curtailed since the first year Trump came into office and Road pay raises have been in the toilet. Yes, we've been getting bonuses but our raises have been cancelled out by the rise in healthcare cost. The chickens are starting to come home to roost

I see so many parallels to the Freight/ National merger.

Unified color scheme?

Payroll switched from Freight to Ground.

The few driving postings at Freight are now listed as “courier/ driver” - Express’ vernacular...

Major changes in benefits, minimal raises.

Part time dock is not being hired at top rate with benefits, even as ours get worse.

PT is running amok.

Middle management is forced to admit that something is happening, but is adamant that we aren’t being “merged”.

If Ground is so shorthand, why are there so many Ground trucks pulling from freight docks?

People aren’t being hired, because it’s the “attrition” crap they pulled during the modal shifts.

Freight’s road board is being gutted, moral keeps getting lower, someone knows what’s happening - I’m not sure that I want to!

Are they selling the best lanes to Ground Contractors and using the Freight drivers to clean up the shuttle crap?

Thoughts? Are the changes only obvious at hubs or do you feel them at EOL center as well?

I see so many parallels to the Freight/ National merger.

Unified color scheme?

Payroll switched from Freight to Ground.

The few driving postings at Freight are now listed as “courier/ driver” - Express’ vernacular...

Major changes in benefits, minimal raises.

Part time dock is not being hired at top rate with benefits, even as ours get worse.

PT is running amok.

Middle management is forced to admit that something is happening, but is adamant that we aren’t being “merged”.

If Ground is so shorthand, why are there so many Ground trucks pulling from freight docks?

People aren’t being hired, because it’s the “attrition” crap they pulled during the modal shifts.

Freight’s road board is being gutted, moral keeps getting lower, someone knows what’s happening - I’m not sure that I want to!

Are they selling the best lanes to Ground Contractors and using the Freight drivers to clean up the shuttle crap?

Thoughts? Are the changes only obvious at hubs or do you feel them at EOL center as well?
I don't know enough to chime in.

I do know I've not seen ANY Ground pull from our hub.

I also know that freight spot rates are at record levels so I would assume PT would be at minimum levels for right now depending on location.

Don't know what their long-term plan could be. But unless they start raising pay they will lose all their brains and muscle.

The hub I usually run to has signs on pups “no hazmat” so I’m sure they got contractors pulling pups now. I also see contractors hauling the FedEx containers.

Nope. Still got guys on furlough.

I don't know enough to chime in.

I do know I've not seen ANY Ground pull from our hub.

I also know that freight spot rates are at record levels so I would assume PT would be at minimum levels for right now depending on location.

Don't know what their long-term plan could be. But unless they start raising pay they will lose all their brains and muscle.

I haven't seen any contractors pulling out of my hub. Just the usual PT companies.
Freight will be assisting Ground this holiday season with deliveries.
THAT'S massive news.

They want to make sure they're not late with deliveries. Partnerships with Target and Walmart are crucial to FedEx because they're trying to keep Amazon out of the shipping business, while Walmart and Target try to keep up in the e-commerce business. If Christmas gifts from Walmart and Target are late, that'll push more people into Bezos' arms and that's what they are all trying to avoid.

The hub I usually run to has signs on pups “no hazmat” so I’m sure they got contractors pulling pups now. I also see contractors hauling the FedEx containers.
I see RTI every day along I-70 doing a Wakeeney, KS meet. And for a time I was seeing 3 wore out looking O/O trucks coming out of the west with Pups. Assuming they came out of Denver.