R&L | Here's an idea

chickenwing

TB Lurker
Credits
Here's an idea... If R+L is so bent on single axles now. Why don't they cut down the Mack Vision twin screws? I was looking at my tractor the other night, and there is plenty of room. It would only move the 5thwheel forward about 30 inches or so. They'd save allot of money not having to buy all those used trucks. They used to do it at a company I worked at before. They even went as far as making the straight trucks into city tractors. :1036316054:

Here's an idea... If R+L is so bent on single axles now. Why don't they cut down the Mack Vision twin screws? I was looking at my tractor the other night, and there is plenty of room. It would only move the 5thwheel forward about 30 inches or so. They'd save allot of money not having to buy all those used trucks. They used to do it at a company I worked at before. They even went as far as making the straight trucks into city tractors. :1036316054:

instead of cutting,why not just drop front axle hang a carrier bearing and new drive line?

cut down single axles

funny you should think of this as there is a mack in wil now being done .it is the prototype to work out bugs. may do them all eventuallly.:chairshot: