He's laughing his ass off right now!!

Ok Train when Saia makes it to Buffalo should I jump ship? They'll be here in a short period of time. I used to turn the Wilkes-Barre terminal they just bought from Pyle on Friday nights. What does Saia offer that NEMF doesn't? I'm not being sarcastic in any way. You've worked for them for a long time and can offer an insight that is much appreciated.

Ok Train when Saia makes it to Buffalo should I jump ship? They'll be here in a short period of time. I used to turn the Wilkes-Barre terminal they just bought from Pyle on Friday nights. What does Saia offer that NEMF doesn't? I'm not being sarcastic in any way. You've worked for them for a long time and can offer an insight that is much appreciated.

You can work with a swell bunch of guys that fight over who gets to mow their bosses lawn...

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is job security. The Operation Ratio is outstanding and our CEO is one of the brightest men in the business. This company is growing by leaps and bounds. In the next few days I will send you a PM and go over a few things for you to consider. Until then keep an open mind.

You can work with a swell bunch of guys that fight over who gets to mow their bosses lawn...
At SEFL one of the supervisors pretty much did just that. He was a driver hired after me that did what he felt he needed to do. Thankfully he got there after I left. The dispatcher there now was another driver we had to clean up after. I've lived that life and choose an older truck to that mess ever again.

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is job security. The Operation Ratio is outstanding and our CEO is one of the brightest men in the business. This company is growing by leaps and bounds. In the next few days I will send you a PM and go over a few things for you to consider. Until then keep an open mind.
Open always. If their Saia is that great I'll gladly go there when they get here. The problem I see for them is the Southern way of doing things. Non union and NY don't mix to well. Central transport already pays what Saia pays up here per hour mostly and begging for drivers is an understatement.

Open always. If their Saia is that great I'll gladly go there when they get here. The problem I see for them is the Southern way of doing things. Non union and NY don't mix to well. Central transport already pays what Saia pays up here per hour mostly and begging for drivers is an understatement.
Central Transport is owned by the Moroun family and is without a doubt the worst LTL company in business today. SAIA is very aware of the complications of the union culture up north and is preparing to deal with it much like the other successful carriers up north like Old Dominion. Stay tuned.

Central Transport is owned by the Moroun family and is without a doubt the worst LTL company in business today. SAIA is very aware of the complications of the union culture up north and is preparing to deal with it much like the other successful carriers up north like Old Dominion. Stay tuned.
We're waiting with open arms.

Maybe so, but you sure wont touch what i called you out on, huh? Whats the matter, dont have a good excuse as to not knowing there are union owner ops?
I could respond to that but it would be pointless. It would just turn into a pissing contest in which I have no interest in getting into. I can’t change your perception of me. I just thought I’d drop in here for a couple of comments and be on my way but as usual it turns nasty. I won’t get into the pro-union debate. I understand both sides all too well. If you want to think you sent me packing with my tail between my legs then so be it. I’m OK with that.

I could respond to that but it would be pointless. It would just turn into a pissing contest in which I have no interest in getting into. I can’t change your perception of me. I just thought I’d drop in here for a couple of comments and be on my way but as usual it turns nasty. I won’t get into the pro-union debate. I understand both sides all too well. If you want to think you sent me packing with my tail between my legs then so be it. I’m OK with that.
Please continue to post here Train. TB needs more people to express their reasons and why to many things. Saia is a good company like NEMF. Ive dropped plenty of our trailers next to yours at our Cleveland terminal. I know they switched back to landair mostly. That's another thing to think about entirely.

Please continue to post here Train. TB needs more people to express their reasons and why to many things. Saia is a good company like NEMF. Ive dropped plenty of our trailers next to yours at our Cleveland terminal. I know they switched back to landair mostly. That's another thing to think about entirely.
I’ll be back with the intention of keeping things civil. I’d like to think we can all keep an open mind in regards to both side of the issues. After all we are all truckers just trying to make a living. Many just want to stay with the gal that brought them (union). I get that. I understand that. But sometimes if you find she’s been cheating on you, you may want to go a different direction. But maybe not. Keep an open mind when it comes to anything in life. Remember when one door closes another one opens. It’s not always a bad thing. Change is sometimes good.

It turned nasty because you made the assumption that there is no such thing as a union guy that runs his own business, and i got you on that. So when you go painting things with a broad brush, you gotta hope no one knows otherwise.

Ive gotten into it with you too many times, you go around throwing lies and opinions around like fact, and its all cuz you got fired from your management gig at overnite during their organizing drive.

Nothing that I can see with that so far. Were IAM not teamsters. We have flexible work rules. We fuel our truck, hook our sets etc etc. We do what we need to do to help make this a profitable company. We don't have layoffs to get rid of long term employees or those who get injured to get rid of them like Saia does when the market is slow.
What is IAM?

What is IAM?
International Machinists and Aerospace union. Is this better than IBT? Can’t get more corrupt so I’m assuming it’s better.
I’m still at the place you left Sabers and see it all the time. Favoritism is alive and well at sefl. I will say that when I call them out on it they will do the right thing. Until the next time supers think I’m not looking when my seniority is ignored. Does depend on your scm though. Some happily rub it in your face that seniority means nothing and they will take care of certain pet drivers over everyone else

International Machinists and Aerospace union. Is this better than IBT? Can’t get more corrupt so I’m assuming it’s better.
I’m still at the place you left Sabers and see it all the time. Favoritism is alive and well at sefl. I will say that when I call them out on it they will do the right thing. Until the next time supers think I’m not looking when my seniority is ignored. Does depend on your scm though. Some happily rub it in your face that seniority means nothing and they will take care of certain pet drivers over everyone else
Yes that is our union. It's the same union Boeing has among many other large companies. I can't speak for what went on in NJ back in the 70's but there were shady things going on all over back then. Better than the IBT is all in how you want to look at it. We don't like layoff the second things get slow like YRC seems to do up here. Guys have been here 15 years and longer and the only layoffs they remember here was some dock workers during the great recession. We don't string drivers along as casuals for extended periods of time. Our health insurance isn't as good as the Teamsters and they top out more than we do in freight. Senority is followed and any issues I've seen so far get addresses promptly. Its not perfect by any means but this is exactly what SEFL needs to end the abuse of hard workers and a pass to the loafers.

Huh, so the owner op teamsters in nyc,nj, and pa are all wrong? Your just a scab, with a dumbass ignorant opinion, and a chip on your shoulder.
The scabs I see are driving rolling garbage, cheap rates, filthy terminals and have the lowest pay in the industry. Plus they carry union cards..
My how things have changed...

The scabs I see are driving rolling garbage, cheap rates, filthy terminals and have the lowest pay in the industry. Plus they carry union cards..
My how things have changed...

I wasnt talking about freight, was i? Keep it up, someday you can once again work for harry, im sure he has an fld just for you....