FedEx Freight | Highest Number New Trailer

P30034

a693489b-1ad1-76e9.jpg

I'm surprised they haven't gone to super singles on the trailers like alot of OTR companies have. I remember seeing a couple of low P16000 pups with them when they were trying them out.

I'm surprised they haven't gone to super singles on the trailers like alot of OTR companies have. I remember seeing a couple of low P16000 pups with them when they were trying them out.

Super Singles or Wide Base as Michelin now calls them are great. I've never had an issue with one that were PROPERLY INFLATED. This is the key, I have X-one XDN2s on the drive axle of my assigned truck and they get more air than what the shop calls for and they wear evenly. Truck also gets really good fuel mileage, usually 15 gallons of fuel less than another Volvo and more than 20 gallons less versus a Kenworth, I'm not kidding, I keep track. The Volvo is spec'd with a 2.50 rear end instead of the standard 3.08 and has a Cummins ISX / 10 speed manual.

They are predictable in snow and grip pretty well, I've taken them over the Rockies to Grand Junction from Denver and nearly had to chain up with them too, again, super easy to chain up, I've practiced. They don't kick sideways at all, when they break loose they spin but regain traction pretty quickly. I've easily put 500,000+ miles on this truck, they work really well. They are different but I like them. Never had a flat, as long as they are PROPERLY INFLATED.

AA0ED46A-44E9-4BB1-9E09-557A45EA323B-6326-00000675A2B3F13B.jpg

Here pictured with a new P30149 trailer.

roog

Super Singles or Wide Base as Michelin now calls them are great. I've never had an issue with one that were PROPERLY INFLATED. This is the key, I have X-one XDN2s on the drive axle of my assigned truck and they get more air than what the shop calls for and they wear evenly. Truck also gets really good fuel mileage, usually 15 gallons of fuel less than another Volvo and more than 20 gallons less versus a Kenworth, I'm not kidding, I keep track. The Volvo is spec'd with a 2.50 rear end instead of the standard 3.08 and has a Cummins ISX / 10 speed manual.

They are predictable in snow and grip pretty well, I've taken them over the Rockies to Grand Junction from Denver and nearly had to chain up with them too, again, super easy to chain up, I've practiced. They don't kick sideways at all, when they break loose they spin but regain traction pretty quickly. I've easily put 500,000+ miles on this truck, they work really well. They are different but I like them. Never had a flat, as long as they are PROPERLY INFLATED.

AA0ED46A-44E9-4BB1-9E09-557A45EA323B-6326-00000675A2B3F13B.jpg

Here pictured with a new P30149 trailer.

roog

So, what you're basically saying is that if you properly pre-trip your vehicle (check tires) and you drive safely (don't haul ass in bad weather) you're going to be fine? Based upon your posts, you're a dedicated professional worthy of my utmost respect, as opposed to a steering wheel holder who wipes out his vehicle because he's immature and unwilling to obey policy and the law. Oh damn, I've gone and offended all the unprofessional whining steering wheel holders of the world. Silly me.

Be safe,

ST

So, what you're basically saying is that if you properly pre-trip your vehicle (check tires) and you drive safely (don't haul ass in bad weather) you're going to be fine? Based upon your posts, you're a dedicated professional worthy of my utmost respect, as opposed to a steering wheel holder who wipes out his vehicle because he's immature and unwilling to obey policy and the law. Oh damn, I've gone and offended all the unprofessional whining steering wheel holders of the world. Silly me.

Be safe,

ST

Thank you ST.

roog

Be safe,

ST

Dammit ST!!!...must you always be so honest????

You are bruising a lot of egos with this!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Rat

I took a pic of a trailer in CGT, it was a 29869 something, pulling out the yard I saw one in the ready line- 30065 give or take. (Thurs. 08/16)

Highest # I've seen is p30192. I also saw p1704 going down the road with no logos on either side on all 4 sides, but the walls were replaced on it.

Used to pull a lot of PW trls. I guess they retired them all.

There is still a PW in Harrison being used as a storage trailer.

Also I saw one a few months ago still being used by Beaver Express, who has a lot of our red Volvo VNs.

roog

There is still a PW in Harrison being used as a storage trailer.

Also I saw one a few months ago still being used by Beaver Express, who has a lot of our red Volvo VNs.

roog

There is still some PW's in use in the Chicago area for the low bridges. They're only about 12' or maybe 12'6"

Does this mean we are going to stay in business and haul freight a few more months? With all the negative posts, I thought we were closing up shop.

Do the rail yards have any problem loading these trailers, with the skirts? That would be nice.