ABF | Hired with old Felony

buster123

TB Lurker
Credits
Very interested in working for ABF.

Was wondering if they hire drivers with felony convictions in their past?

well over 10 years ago.

What do you guys say?

buster123 said:
Very interested in working for ABF.

Was wondering if they hire drivers with felony convictions in their past?

well over 10 years ago.

What do you guys say?

I think it will depend on what the felony was for.

All you can do is try. ABF is one of the hardest companies to get on at. They do a very thorough check of all work and criminal and driving history. About 5 years ago, one of my dock coworkers brother applied. They let him work 2 days then his criminal record came back and he was gone. All he had was a simple marijuana possesion charge. :chairshot: ABF said NO WAY!!
So all I can say is Good Luck. You never know until you try.:wavey:

On my application I was very upfront and provided all the dates and details.

I'm hoping that my honesty counts for something, along with the fact it happened over 12 years ago.
It was nothing violent or gruesome.
Back then I was in a STUPID frame of mind. And I used and abused a couple of checking accounts.
My MVR is clean.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Job Application

You did the right thing by being honest. I don't know if the worker with the marijuana conviction would have been hired if he had been truthful but as you can see he sure wasn't by trying to hide his past.
A co-worker tried to get a brother-in-law hired. The guy "forgot" a DWI conviction a few years back. After he was notified why he wasn't hired he said that he had turned over a new leaf in his life. Quit drinking, "joined the church" & was going to be honest from now on if they hired him.
Another worker suggested that he try again in a few years so the company could see if he had really turned his life around.

buster123 said:
On my application I was very upfront and provided all the dates and details.

I'm hoping that my honesty counts for something, along with the fact it happened over 12 years ago.
It was nothing violent or gruesome.
Back then I was in a STUPID frame of mind. And I used and abused a couple of checking accounts.
My MVR is clean.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I bet if you can prove you paid restitution that would be a great plus....

Its not always the law breakers that have felonies.

My nephew had just gotten his license back from his first DWI,thats driving while intoxicated.
Not the other DWI us drivers know so well.
dispatching without intelligence.

Well my nephew had some beers,than broke down on an almost deserted country road.

He was pushing his car off to the side of the road when a car came along to help him out.

Talk about dumb luck,of all the cars you'd see out in the sticks where he was.

Yup you guessed it.
It was a law inforcement officer.
We call them cops for short.

Well now my nephew kissed his new license bye,bye,for who knows how long it was a year this last May.

Sure he was one stupid jerk for drinking,and driving,but he wasn't driving at the time.
God made sure of that leaving him with a car that wouldn't run.

Now he has a felony that will be on his record for at least 10 years.
Not using your head can change you life forever sometimes.