Yellow | Hoffa Statement On YRCW Efforts To Acquire Freight Division Of ABF

Hoffa Statement On YRCW Efforts To Acquire Freight Division Of ABF

May 10, 2013

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – The following is the official statement of Teamsters General President James P. Hoffa regarding recent reports that YRC Worldwide Inc. attempted to acquire ABF Freight Systems.

“It is unconscionable that in the middle of the IBT's sensitive negotiations for a new contract for 6,000 ABF Teamsters, and in the context of years of continuing sacrifice by our members at YRC, that YRC would advance a secret effort to acquire ABF's freight division. This interference in the collective bargaining process is an affront to all of the hardworking men and women at both companies.

“Before YRC begins looking for acquisition targets they should first restore our members' wages and pension contributions. We have seen this kind of arrogance from YRC before. We thought they had finally learned the lessons of past management catastrophes. Unfortunately it appears they have not. We want to give credit to ABF for rejecting this gambit, and we now will demand from YRC a full accounting of the calculations and decisions that went into their latest misstep.”

Too late, Jeff beat you to it...

Hoffa Statement On YRCW Efforts To Acquire Freight Division Of ABF

May 10, 2013

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – The following is the official statement of Teamsters General President James P. Hoffa regarding recent reports that YRC Worldwide Inc. attempted to acquire ABF Freight Systems.

“It is unconscionable that in the middle of the IBT's sensitive negotiations for a new contract for 6,000 ABF Teamsters, and in the context of years of continuing sacrifice by our members at YRC, that YRC would advance a secret effort to acquire ABF's freight division. This interference in the collective bargaining process is an affront to all of the hardworking men and women at both companies.

“Before YRC begins looking for acquisition targets they should first restore our members' wages and pension contributions. We have seen this kind of arrogance from YRC before. We thought they had finally learned the lessons of past management catastrophes. Unfortunately it appears they have not. We want to give credit to ABF for rejecting this gambit, and we now will demand from YRC a full accounting of the calculations and decisions that went into their latest misstep.”

that's funny ibt dosent know what its teamster board members on YRCW know ????? welch said the board was on board with it right lol hoffas a joke am I missing something

that's funny ibt dosent know what its teamster board members on YRCW know ????? welch said the board was on board with it right lol hoffas a joke am I missing something

I guess Hoffa will now have to fire Douglas Carty, and Harry Wilson, the two YRCW board members that he appointed to be the Teamster watchdogs?! Somebody dropped the ball on these shenanigans!

The IBT gets to nominate 2 members, those members once appointed do not answer to or consult with the IBT on company issues.

Wow, old meathead Hoffa is full of bluster on this one. Lot's of tough talk, meathead and Welcher must have had a good package on when they put this statement together at the strip club bar, they were probably laughing so hard the tears were running down their cheeks.

I guess Hoffa will now have to fire Douglas Carty, and Harry Wilson, the two YRCW board members that he appointed to be the Teamster watchdogs?! Somebody dropped the ball on these shenanigans!

Let me guess...they were bound by confidentiality rules or something! BURN THE BARRELS!

See, and you guys thought Jimmy Jr. was in this for himself. There could be good things to come out of this "misstep."

Is "gambit" a real word? Can he say that? Look that up in your Funk and Wagnels El' and let me know, along with misstep. Thanks.

See, and you guys thought Jimmy Jr. was in this for himself. There could be good things to come out of this "misstep."

Is "gambit" a real word? Can he say that? Look that up in your Funk and Wagnels El' and let me know, along with misstep. Thanks.

Just an FYI, here are the definitions for "cynic" and "sarcasm," too!

Cynic - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Sarcasm - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Just in case there are some that missed the intent of my post.

Good point CellBlock309......What did they know, and when did they know it.....this happened in March, and the IBT is now making a statement.....why not asked those 2 that the IBT appointed to the YRCW BOD what the hell was going on?.....KK