Yellow | Hoffa Statement On YRCW Efforts To Acquire Freight Division Of ABF

Good point CellBlock309......What did they know, and when did they know it.....this happened in March, and the IBT is now making a statement.....why not asked those 2 that the IBT appointed to the YRCW BOD what the hell was going on?.....KK

and let go one step further HOFFA YOU SIR are a DISGRACE ................. why .........................................you repeated in your statement many times yrc the sacrifice what about the rest of yrcws teamsters......usf,new penn etc shame on you besides lying imo

Last edited by a moderator:
open up the yrc books. they have alot more money then there saying or someone is paying yrc to kill the union

its been post many times look at my and others posts yrcw doesn't have the money its a third party find my other posts plz and it also may just be a scare tactic to make abf members vote contract in

My thoughts are it is a move to decimate the freight teamsters in the long run. And to scare the ABF teamsters to approve a substandard contract.
The eventuality is to move these companies on par with the nonunion companies so that management can dictate the rules.
Our responsibility as Teamsters is to insure that this doesn't happen. We needs to pressure our representatives not to give in any more. As a group we have the strength to get OUR agenda (a quality contract) to fruitation. It will depend on us to stand up, be vocal and to be willing to back it up.

But if The Teamsters has a member sitting on the board of YRC which supposedly gets a vote on issues of this nature then I ask; Why would Hoffa need to demand any information or calculations? It just seems to becoming crystal clear our Union has sold us out and bowed down to corporate pressures. If they need to ask for explanation of this major decision which would affect all Freight Teamsters ; What good is it to have a Phantom Ghost on Board ? Unless of course the Teamster Board Member is member in * WORD * only no VOICE ! With each passing day it gets harder to stay positive or even with the most open mind find anything positive about how Teamster families have and still are being simply lied to from both sides.
@ This Point : Negativity is a Reality!

Last edited by a moderator:
But if The Teamsters has a member sitting on the board of YRC which supposedly gets a vote on issues of this nature then I ask; Why would Hoffa need to demand any information or calculations? It just seems to becoming crystal clear our Union has sold us out and bowed down to corporate pressures. If they need to ask for explanation of this major decision which would affect all Freight Teamsters ; What good is it to have a Phantom Ghost on Board ? Unless of course the Teamster Board Member is member in * WORD * only no VOICE ! With each passing day it gets harder to stay positive or even with the most open mind find anything positive about how Teamster families have and still are being simply lied to from both sides.
@ This Point of Negativity is a Reality!

Remember, the chosen board members were "approved" by the union, not appointed.

As I see it.Welch's overtures to ABF was just a tactic used for a purpose.ABF is in the midst of a contract negotiation.Welch knows if the Teamsters don't vote for this contract.They strike and all that contracted freight would be struck.ABF doesn't have any overseas entities to haul freight there in that region of the world.YRCW sees an opportunity to capitalize on this.With as many containers and container ships at YRCW's disposal.YRCW can position itself to be that go to company to haul that.If not.UPS or FedEx will.
Everyday YRCW ships a ton of freight via container and Rail.A ton of that freight sits in some of the rail yards.Either for us Teamsters to haul or some gypo to haul.I know this is off topic.I feel that this info is relative in the scheme of things.

I don't believe the rank and file get the real truth on just exactly how much revenue YRCW and all of its subsidiaries make.I remember that the union was supposed to have an independant accounting firm to monitor this every few months.That was built into our concessions.I guess that was all words.Thats why when we hear of such things as in YRCW purportedly offering to acquire ABF.It seems odd to us or out of place.That supposed "third party" is probably an entity indirectly owned and operated by YRCW.YRCW has their hands in alot of things.Dont be fooled

and let go one step further HOFFA YOU SIR are a DISGRACE ................. why .........................................you repeated in your statement many times yrc the sacrifice what about the rest of yrcws teamsters......usf,new penn etc shame on you besides lying imo

He refers in the opening statement to YRC WORLDWIDE as a whole, then calls it YRC, he is still referring to it ALL as YRC Worldwide, as that being the reason it starts off as YRC WORLDWIDE....when someone mentions the stock went up today, they say "Did you see YRC's stock price today?"....they never say it as YRC Worldwide's stock....don't make it more than it is....KK

At this point I don't believe the Union has anyone approved or appointed who would be protecting our interest on any board at YRC ! Its has become painfully obvious to what has & still is going on. Its not for the greater good of Rank and File Teamsters!

New Teamster Union, New world!

What it comes down to fellows is that your government stinks! They could care less about a living wage or a workers rights. The international trade union and trade deficits run up the national debt and the politicians in Washington lick their fingers and watch. They have one thing on their mind and thats re-election and the gold carpet treatment. Other than that its a party vote in favor of corporate America or a war with the democrats. I'm an "independent" by the way..
The majority of truck drivers in this country lay it on the line on a daily basis for poverty level wages. They are lied and cheated out of their pay daily. The turnover rate at non union companies is enormous. They don't care!
Your Union doesn't care, your military doesn't care, your government doesn't care, the people do not care!
You do not want to be a truck driver, you do not want to drive truck, you do not want to "own" a CDL, you do not want to work for a trucking company.
You are an Army of one, you are loyal to your family and no one else. The U.S. government is now an opponent and a corporate fraternizer, you are a pawn. Corporate America is an enemy that doesn't care about your family , your future, or, you! Money is their only interest.
YRCW is a criminal empire. They own the law, the government and your union!
The government of the U.S. has sacrificed your wage, your benefits and your retirement for corporate crime in America to monopolize the trucking industry into poverty. International corporate power is nothing but an international corporate government mafia!
Example one: George Bush SR. and company incorporated! Former CIA chief, President and chairman of the board of Exxon Mobile! Example 2. "W", worst president ever and owner of a large water aquaduct in Sri Lanka that will control life in that part of the world in the near future? Example 3: Hoffa and YRCW! New rule no. 1: In veiw of the lies and the broken agreements I want my 15% back, my benefits and this corpoarte pig back on a choke chain leash where it belongs! And I want all the the excutives and lawyers and Union Boses that were in charge in jail for stock fraud, tax evasion and tax fraud.
Teamster Union needs to sue for complete control! Hoffa wants to prove something, here it is! He's either a pig or a leader, whats it going to be?

picked by who? welsh ? and rubber stamped by Hoffa Now you are really splitting hairs

In the first "stage" of concessions, the union was given the right to approve or disapprove one board member. It was the intent that this would provide someone with union interests in mind.

In a latter "stage" of concessions, that number was increased to two board members, hopefully with the same intent.

There may have been an option for the Union to "suggest" members of the board for approval, but stockholders vote for board members.

That is not splitting hairs, that is reality.

as long as you have been around I cant believe you still believe all that bs.get real we all know how that crap works

as long as you have been around I cant believe you still believe all that bs.get real we all know how that crap works

I am sure there are plenty of blind eyes, kick backs, etc., etc., .......

I was stating how it was supposed to work.

Being that the majority stockholders are financial institutions, I pretty much got that the board members are all of their choosing, not ours or Labor's.